Chapter 240

15 Nian Nian Poisoned

Lan You Nian and Feng Yi Xuan walked into the palace hall.

Yue Bing Yu sat there and Feng YI Xuan and Lan You Nian walk into the hall, her gaze was stuck to Feng Yi Xuan. When her gaze didn’t receive any response, Yue Bing Yu’s gaze turned from infatuation into resentment.

Yue Bing Yu squeezed the object on her. She looked at Xue empire’s prince Xue Yu and Feng empire’s prince Feng Shao Chu with panic. The two offered Yue Bing Yu a reassuring look but when they lowered their eyes, they flashed with an unknown emotion.

Once the two took their seat, Emperor Feng Xuan led the Empress into the palace hall. Lan You Nian attended this palace banquet merely because she and Feng Yi Xuan received news that said this Xue empire’s delegate was strange so the two came to take a look. After taking their seats, they noticed there was something strange about Xue empire’s prince and there was also something wrong with Feng Shao Chu.

“Xuan, this Feng Shao Chu no longer has any power but as long as he lives, he is a time bomb. So if we have the chance, it’s best to get rid of him. Otherwise, one day there’d be some trouble!” Lan You Nian reminded. This Feng Shao Chu was not a good person. Lan You Nian liked to cut grass at its roots. However, Lan You Nian understood Feng Xia Qi’s motive. Feng Xia Qi has ascended the throne but Feng empire doesn’t have many princesses and princes left. If Feng Shao Chu died, Feng Xia Qi would endure the reputation of a tyrant. But Lan You Nian believed that reputation couldn’t compare to one’s life.

Feng Yi Xuan nodded. He knew of this matter. But the one who ascended the throne was his imperial brother. He handed the matter for his imperial brother to handle. He couldn’t help his imperial brother do everything. What would be the meaning of imperial brother’s position then?

“I know. Don’t worry. He won’t jump for long!” Feng Yi Xuan poured a cup of tea for Lan You Nian and tested out the temperature before handing it to Lan You Nian. If it wasn’t in the public, Feng Yi Xuan would directly feed her.

At this moment, Yue Bing Yu stood. She curtsied to Lan You Nian, “This princess will return to Yue empire today but after some consideration, this princess wishes to apologize for causing trouble for Lan junzhu a few days ago. Today this princess wants to apologize to Lan junzhu. I hope Lan junzhu can be magnanimous and be forgiving!”

Lan You Nian’s eyes flashed as her long lashes hid the confusion in her eyes. Lan You Nian didn’t believe Yue Bing Yu was a woman who can have a realization in an instant and could apologize in public. Hence, there must be some kind of scheme or some other benefit.

Lan You Nian didn’t answer. She wanted to know what Yue Bing Yu wanted to do. Though Lan You Nian knew it was difficult for Yue Bing Yu to scheme against her, Lan You Nian wasn’t one to underestimate another. She didn’t want to give herself some unknown danger. But Lan You Nian was unable to evade today…

“Is Lan junzhu unwilling?” Yue Bing Yu looked at Lan You Nian with upset. Her gaze made the goosebumps rise on Lan You Nian.

“This princess came for a marriage alliance but Feng empire’s Emperor already has the Empress. This princess isn’t willing to force it. Because this princess has admired Prince Ming, because I liked Prince Ming too much, I was jealous of Lan junzhu. But this princess has thought it over. Love can’t be forced. This princess has thought it through. This princess will use tea in place of wine to drink to Lan junzhu. I hope this princess and Lan junzhu can wipe away all unhappiness between us. Feng empire and our Yue Empire can always be allies!” Yue Bing Yu declared as she poured a cup of tea and slowly came over to Lan You Nian’s table, very aggrieved as she looked at Lan You Nian.