Chapter 256

31 Xiang Lin City

On the second day of Feng Yi Xuan’s travels, a man in white intercepted their path…

“It’s you!” Feng Yi Xuan looked at Gui Yi dressed in white robes, carrying his luggage, with surprise as he asked, “Did Nian Nian let you come?” Feng Yi Xuan knew of Gui Yi’s skill in medicine. If Gui Yi could go with to Xiang Lin city, they will naturally multiply the results with half the effort. But Feng Yi Xuan didn’t mention it because Feng Yi Xuan knew Gui Yi and the others were Nian Nian’s family. He didn’t hope any of them to meet any accidents. It would only make Nian Nian upset.

Gui Yi stood there, giving people an air of a celestial but when Gui Yi looked at Feng Yi Xuan, there was warmth in his eyes. This man was already acknowledged by all of them. He was little junior sister’s future husband.

“No, I came myself to help you. This break out of the plague is strange. It’s likely it is man-caused. Though my medical skills can’t compare to master, it is better than those imperial physicians!” Gui Yi said. When he learned of this matter, he immediately followed after them. He learned medical skills with the intention to relieve the suffering of others, though he didn’t have a bleeding heart.

Feng Yi Xuan nodded and urged his steed forward. From the very start Feng Yi Xuan suspected this plague was man-made. In Feng empire’s history, there has never been a situation with a plague happening. This occurrence with the plague was simply too coincidental, not only breaking out in Xiang Lin city but also while Yue empire was eyeing them with hostility. It was like someone deliberately did this. By going to Xiang Lin city, he not only wanted to suppress the outbreak of the epidemic to rescue Xianglin city from its clutches, he also wanted to investigate into how this epidemic happened. With Gui Yi’s help, he will have a much easier time.

The team led by Feng Yi Xuan finally arrived at Xianlin city after four days of fast marching. Because of the urgency of the matter, Feng Yi Xuan’s marching speed was very fast. Fortunately, many of the guards were soldiers who have folowed him to the battlefield, so they could bear the burdens. But those imperial physicians following them were in a miserable situation. A prestigious imperial physician was about to fall apart after several days of being tossed about, but none of the imperial physicians dared to complain about the toil. Who didn’t know of Prince Ming’s reputation? They didn’t want to lose their life.

“Greetings to Prince Ming! Young Master Lan, Young Master He!” Xianglin city’s officials knelt in front of Feng Yi Xuan’s horse. They received news today that Prince Ming came to manage the plague. They originally planned to suppress the matter of the plague but as the plague grew more severe, they were completely unable to suppress it anymore. When Feng empire knew of the outbreak in Xianglin city, Prince Ming already led his troops here. All the officials were trembling with fear. Though they were only some local officials and have never seen Prince Ming, they have heard plenty of rumors about Prince Ming.

Feng Yi Xuan stared coldly at the officials kneeling on the ground. His entire person emitted an elegant and noble air, but intermixed with this elegance was a hint of sinful charm and apathy. He was extremely displeased with these officials, not only because these officials turned a blind eye to the current events and didn’t report it to the higher ups, also because of their actions he had to leave Nian Nian. So in Feng Yi Xuan’s eyes, he already imposed a death sentence on these officials.

Feng Yi Xuan didn’t let these officials rise but looked at the once harmonious Xianglin city has bow become filled with wails and weeping at every corner. There were piles of dead bodies in the streets. The entire Xianglin city has become desolate. There was no one to take care of the rice fields. It seemed as if the whole sky overhead was brimming with a gloomy atosmosphere.