Best Friend

Kind of a short update, but a ton of fluff... among other things. Mostly other things.

Louis thought he had experienced pain.

He had hit his toes against doorways.

Pain.

He had accidently stepped on a Lego without anything on his foot.

Pain.

But none of it was like the pain he woke up with the Sunday after his and Harry's ride. It was a burning sensation that he would never forget. Neither would Harry, Zayn, Liam or Niall, because throughout the day he kept reminding them.

"I can't walk," Louis whined as they walked through the hallways, away from the cafeteria after their breakfast.

"My legs are going to fall off," Louis complained as he lay upon Niall's bed in the other boys room.

"I think I might just die!" Louis pouted as the boys asked him if he wanted to leave the bed to join them in the common room.

"Jesus fuck, Tommo!" Niall said as he stood in the door. "You are being fucking over dramatic."

"I mean it," Louis said and turned to lay on his side, facing Niall fully. "I don't think you understand the pain I am in-"

"I am out," Niall said, held his hands up in front of him and left the room. Zayn and Liam followed him. Only Harry remained standing in the doorway, his brows furrowed.

"Does it really hurt?" he asked and moved to Niall's bed, sitting down on the edge. "I am sorry. I had forgotten how hard it is in the beginning." His voice was laced with pure sincerity and it made Louis feel bad for overreacting. Yes, it did hurt, but it wasn't that bad.

"It's all right," Louis chuckled slightly and sat up. "I tend to be-" he looked for the words, not quite being able to find a fitting word, "-much. A little bit much."

"Much?" Harry quirked an eyebrow. "How so?"

"I don't know," Louis shrugged. "I am seeking for the attention my parents didn't give as a kid." He said it with a grin and he meant it as a joke, but the smile fell from Harry's features, his frown returning.

"What?"

"What," Louis repeated his words.

"Louis, did you mean that?" Harry asked, turning on the bed to fully face Louis.

"Of course I didn't," Louis scoffed, crossing his arms in front of him.

"Louis-"

"-Can we please just leave it alone?" Louis said, getting up from the bed. He groaned from his sore muscles. "Let's join the boys in the common room, yeah?"

Harry let out a sigh. "Fine, okay."

***

Louis didn't wake up Monday to a pillow being thrown in his face, or the recordplayer playing, or Harry doing yoga on the floor.

He woke up to his alarm.

That was new.

He quickly sat up in his bed, looking around himself. His eyes landed on Harry's bed. Even in the darkness of the room he could see that Harry's eyes were wide open, but he didn't move a muscle. It didn't sit right with Louis. Harry always woke up early-he was, unlike Louis, an early riser-and then would proceed to get out of bed and do something productive.

But he didn't know. He just lay, completely silent.

"Harry?" Louis called out to him, his brows furrowed. Worry was edged into his words.