Epilogue (last)

As promised...

Five years later

Louis and Harry lived in a mansion a few miles away from London. A large garden surrounded the building, filled with apple trees and the sound of the swans swimming in their lake in the back of the garden. On the right of the house, was their stable, where five horses stood. One of them was a little Shetland pony named Golden. Two others were retired horses from the royal guard and the last two were none other than Cupid and Athena.

Landon had passed away two years before, making the horses need a new home.

Of course, Louis and Harry had bought them, giving them their one last home.

At the front of the house, were was their mailbox.

Louis was walking toward it, humming a low melody. It was morning, the air brisk and cold. Harry was still in bed, sleeping, except for when he had slowly opened his eyes and smiled at Louis when he got out of bed.

"Morning, my love," Louis had whispered, stroking Harry's hair. "Go back to sleep. I will go feed the horses and Clifford. Get some rest, ey?"

Harry had mumbled some nonsense into his pillow.

"What are you saying, love?" Louis had chuckled, scraping his fingers over Harry's scalp.

"Come back to bed after?"

"Of course."

And so here Louis was; in front of their mansion, having just fed their horses, and their, by now, old dog Clifford. And now, he was going for the mail.

He stuffed his hands into his pockets, shivering against the cold.

It was early October.

The leaves had fallen off the trees, crunching underneath Louis' feet as he finally stopped in front of the mailbox.

He withdrew his hands from his pockets, pulling out his key as he did so. He unlocked the mailbox and looked inside. There were a few envelopes with 'Royal shit' on them as Louis preferred to call them, but there was also one from-

Rose Canyon boarding school.

Louis furrowed his brows as he turned said envelope around in his hand.

It was addressed to him. And Harry.

To Harry Styles, Prince of England

And Louis TomlinsonRose Canyon boarding school

Out of curiosity, Louis tore the envelope open, letting his eyes skim over the few lines of words inside. His mouth formed a small O.

Dear, Louis and Prince HarryI am happy to inform you that you have been invited to the 'back to school' day for old students. It takes place on the 19th of December shortly after this year's students have travelled home for break.We hope you can make itSincerely, the staff at Rose Canyon

The small O formed into a big grin.

***

"Are you excited, darling?" Harry questioned as they drove up the driveway to Rose Canyon. It was just like Louis remembered it.

"Don't think I have been this excited in my life," Louis admitted. "We are gonna see the school again."

"It's not like it has been that long," Harry grinned, placing his hand on Louis' thigh, dangerously close to his groin. Louis let out a low gasp. Leo, their driver, gave them an unimpressed glance in the back rear mirror.