A School of Royalty

February flashed by quickly. 

They got the last bit of snow on the seventh, and it lasted for a full two weeks until it finally melted away, leaving the ground muddy. Small puddles was everywhere. The weather was becoming warmer, the sun peeking out from the skies more often than not.

Louis and Harry spent many hours in the greenhouse, studying or reading, cuddled up together. Their studying paid off; Louis had gotten two A's on two different English essays and an A on a math test as well.

Their nights were spend with the other boys, Amelia often joining in as well. Niall had finally got the guts to ask her to be his girlfriend (to which she had answered yes.) They mostly played videogames, but every now and then Niall also suggested for them to drink a little, to which Louis would always say no on Harry's behalf. Niall was never happy with this, but let it be.

And then there of course was the love thing. There were so many times Louis came close to say it. One of the times being when they a weekend were out riding Cupid and Athena, it almost slipped.

"Want to hear a joke?" Harry had asked, steering Athena up next to Cupid on the path.

"Sure," Louis had grinned.

"What did," Harry had began, "one plate whisper to the other plate?"

Louis had let out a sigh, rolling his eyes fondly. "I don't know. What did they whisper?"

"Dinner is on me!" Harry said, his voice excited. "You get it? On me." Harry giggled softly at his own joke.

Louis chuckled softly. "God, I—" He stopped himself and shook his head. "You are a dork." God, I love you.

There were also the time Harry had become ill, laying in bed all day. Louis had skipped classes that day to look after him. He was close to saying it as he held Harry in his arms. He had been pretty sure Harry had been asleep. He wouldn't even register it, Louis thought. He could say it and with that get it off his chest, but in the end, he didn't.

Most often when he was close to say it was when they had finished having sex, and lay wrapped in each other. The words were right there on his tongue as he would trace his fingers through Harry's curls. But he never said them.

So when March pulled around, Louis felt like he might burst.

The first of March was a Sunday, the weather had gotten warmer, so Louis, Harry and the boys decided to go for a walk around school grounds. 

They weren't the only ones who had gotten that idea.  A lot of students were walking around, or sitting in the grass, or playing football, or something completely else.

"How is it going with Amelia, Nigel?" Louis questioned as they walked, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his jacket.

"Very good, yeah," Niall said with a grin, his eyes lighting up at the mention of Amelia. "It's perfect, really."

"That's great," Harry said on a grin. "She seems nice."

"She is very nice," Niall said, nodding. "Very funny and, well, yeah." His cheeks reddened. "She makes me very happy."

"Aww, Niall!" Liam said, swinging his arm around Niall's shoulders. "You sound in love!"

"Ha!" Niall barked out a laugh. "Too soon for that, dear Liam."

The boys laughed at Niall's words. Louis joined in as well, but he felt like someone might as well had stabbed him with a knife. Too soon

"Can we sit down a little?" Zayn questioned, joining in on the conversation. They were at the lawn in front of the school, a little bit away from the long driveway that led up to the school itself.