Chapter Two: The Heist

Candace's POV:

I growled softly as he grabbed my hand, meeting his fire-red eyes as he examined it. He released it easily, locking eyes with me.

I was slowly losing my composure. My vision, so unreliable, landed me in this situation.

"Another feature of you? Your eyes turn two different colors," he said with a smile. "Shut up, Dark. I don't know if this is you flirting with me or trying to manipulate me, but it ain't working at all," I said as he placed a cold hand on my cheek.

'What does he want from me... Mark isn't with me. I don't know where he's at.'

His hand felt icy as I leaned into it slightly.

'No.'

It had been a long time since I'd been in this position.

'Please help me...'

Ever since Mark held me in his arms.

'Imma hurt you, Dark.'

I missed him, but knowing Dark, he'd try to make me forget about him entirely.

"Candace?"

"Mark? I mean, huh? What? Where am I—"

"Shh... You're safe. You're in your safe zone," he cut me off mid-sentence as panic set in. "No. No. This can't be right. Big brain me says you're—Candace, if you don't calm down, you're going to show him who you really are, and we don't want that," Mark said softly.

I looked up at him as his jet-black hair covered his eyes.

"Ok, Mr. John Wick," I said as a tree appeared, and we sat by it.

"So, how's the family?"

"Well... shit..."

Dark's POV:

Damn it. She isn't waking up or responding. This must be her comfort place, and I know who's responsible.

"Let go of our sibling," a deep voice demanded.

"Oh, whatever... Josh? Joshua? Imma just call you Joshie boi—"

"Shut up with the name-calling. Now give her here or we'll have to try things the hard way," Joshua interrupted, hands swirling with floating rocks.

Fall waved her hands, her expression turning pissed off as they prepared to fight.

"I guess we really have to do this the hard way," I said, clicking my tongue. "Anyways, how did you guys get past each person?" I asked as Joshua charged toward me.

"Well, this isn't fun."

I raised my hand, black essence swirling around it, and crossed my arms to block his punch. He pushed back, the effort evident in his heavy breathing and grunting. I smirked as the essence surrounded him, but he swung me to the side. I grunted and growled at Fall, who turned into smoke.

"Fall, we don't have to do this. Remember who taught you those moves," I said, hearing grunting to my right. "I don't care. You're nothing but a madman, using us," Fall retorted, standing behind Candace. "We'll be taking her and going to our respective homes," she declared, and I growled, appearing in front of them.

"Listen here. I taught all of you. Each one of you has your place under my wing," I said, advancing toward Fall.

I growled and charged, but she disappeared, kicking me in the back. "Now, Joshua!" she yelled, and everything went pitch-black.

I tried to recover as alarms blared and people rushed in.

"Sir! Sir!" Vanoss was by my side as I sighed. "Ugh... Where are they?" I asked as he sighed. "They... They're gone..." he said, and I growled, gripping his collar tightly.

"You. Will. Find. Them," I commanded, and he nodded. "Yes, sir..." he said, and I released him.

??? Pov:

"They will pay..."