Chapter Six: Feelings

Candace's POV

It was yet another morning. I woke up to the sunlight beaming down on my face, left cuddling my pillow. If only I had him to cuddle with, I would've been fine, but I'm not.

I gripped the pillow tighter as I imagined he was there.

Past:
He looked me in the eyes, grabbed my hand, and held it to his cheek. He smiled as tears rolled down his cheek.

"We had a good run. I promise to come back to you if I do make out," he wiped the tears from my face and kissed my cheek.

Now:
I smiled a bit as he ruffled my hair. The imaginary feeling was pretty realistic, as if he was here.

??? POV

I smiled at her as she continued to cuddle me. It felt great to have a close bonding feeling with Candace. These pillows are also really weird for thinking about somebody.

I looked down to see her gripping onto the pillow tighter as I kissed the pillow. The light then came on, and I quickly glanced over at Sean. My eyes squinted a bit from being disturbed as the thought disappeared.

"Oh sorry, Mark. I forgot you had a girl to mess around with..." Sean said as I growled. "Shut it..." I said, sadly.

Candace's POV

The vision went away instantly as I swung my legs off of the bed and sat on the edge. I looked down at the floor and took in a deep breath. I couldn't resist the urge to go out there and find him. I just couldn't. It was my 24th birthday yesterday, and knowing myself...

I would do anything to find Mark... I missed him too much to accept that he was dead.

I looked up at the time to see it was 9:30 am. What kind of maniac wakes up at 9:30 am? With no job. Just sitting around making money for just sitting here.

"Hey! Candace! We gotta go to the HQ! We got a bit of a situation!" Joshua yelled, seeming like he was going through something. "Ugh..." I mumbled and stretched.

My green tattoo glowed a bit as I sighed. I quickly made a circle and put a triangle inside of it. I spun my finger around as the triangle twisted like a puzzle around it.

I rudely interrupted it by Fall banging on the door as I jumped, and it aimed at my mirror. Which caused it to bounce off of it and hit Fall.

My eyes widened as I bit my finger hard. It didn't cause it to bleed, but it felt weird as well.

"C-Candy?" I asked as she groaned a bit. "Who... body... Wait! Is this freaking Fall's body! What the *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*" she said as it made me giggle a bit.

She came over towards me as the blue essence surrounded her arm. I quickly backed away a bit. I didn't want to get hit by Fall hits. It honestly hurts like an animal tearing you apart. Don't ask how I know about it.

"H-Hey. Candy. H-How about w-we talk about" I pointed at her arm. "T-This," I said as I ran around the room. "Freeze!" She yelled out as the floor turned into Ice. "Melt!" I yelled out as the ice came close to my foot. "Phew..." I said as I made a square and divided it into two triangles. "Extract," I whispered as the green essence came into the triangles, and Fall fell right down.

'Damn... What Am I supposed to tell her...'

(3 Hours Later)

Joshua's POV

We made it into the HQ, and our eyes trailed around the place. It wasn't big. Who would want someplace big and noticeable for us three? Something was different about this...

"Well, well, well... four years of not seeing you guys," a gunshot fired as we looked forward. "And now you guys have grown up to be beautiful slash handsome people," He said so sarcastically as I groaned a bit.

I walked in front of the two as I closed my eyes and then opened them to enter scanning mode. I looked around, and I saw golden figures and red figures. I also saw black figures. Which wasn't good at all.

"Joshua, my boy." I looked up to see him not there but right beside me.

It startled me as he punched me. It made me whine a bit as I leaned down a bit.

"Would've made a great leader," He said, whispering to me a bit.

Fall's POV

I saw Joshua leaning over as I growled a bit. I quickly summoned my sword and dual guns as Candace looked over at me. I looked back at her as I went forward into the place.

"Take care of Joshua. I know he isn't the only one here," I said to her as she nodded a bit softly.

*Buzz*
6/28/20
8:27 am
E: Hey Fall 😊
8:30 am
F: Ugh... You wake up?
8:34 am
E: Uh... Do you not?
8:35 am
F: Calm down. I used to before I grew older...
8:36 am
E: 🤣 don't blame your old habits
8:37 am
F: What do you mean old habits?! 🤬
8:37 am
E: Calm down Hotshot. I wanna see that face up close when I say that.
8:38 am
F: 😳 What are... Ummm... Calm down, Evan. We don't know each other like that...
8:38 am
E: I feel like it~
8:38 am
F: 😤🥵 Damn So it's like that
8:38 am
E: Aww... I gotta cut the time short today... I gotta go to work early today...
8:39 am
F: Aww... I was getting wet for you over here~
8:39 am
E: Umm... 🥵 I wanna see that someday~
8:39 am
F: 🤣 Go before I hurt you!