Chapter Ten: Jobs

Evan's POV

I took a deep breath as Joshua stood there, the room suddenly feeling empty without his constant pacing. Dark burst into the room, breaking the silence between us. "So I take it you two know why you're here?" he asked, and we both nodded. "Remember, Joshua, do not reveal anything about being manipulated by me. And gather more information about the hideouts," Dark instructed before Joshua left the room. Alone with Dark, the room felt even quieter. He took a deep breath, clasping his hands together. "Wanna tell me about Antasi?" he inquired, and I shrugged. "She picked a fight with the wrong girl," I replied casually. Dark's voice filled the room, his tone becoming more intense. "You can't just expect me to react with indifference to that," he challenged, and I shrugged again. "What do you want me to say? Fall unleashed her rage, Antasi dug her own grave, and I knew not to interfere. Antasi was jealous of Fall because of the photos," I explained, suddenly remembering the one photo I kept of her and me. Dark's curiosity piqued. "Oh? A photo? You've gotten quite close with her... I must see how she looks, so I can warn the others," he said, taking my phone. As he scrolled through the photos, his eyes widened, and he smirked. "Such a pretty girl. I can't wait to have them back on my team," he remarked, leaving me feeling helpless.

Candace's POV

I saw daylight again, with Joshua by my side, and he hugged me tightly. "I missed you," he mumbled, and I smiled back. "I missed you too, Joshua," I replied, but then he suddenly vanished. "Joshua?! Joshua?!" I called out, spotting him by the tree. As he approached, something felt off. He wore all black, and his demeanor seemed menacing. "Imma enjoy this," he said, grabbing my chin and pulling me toward him, sending shivers down my spine.

Fall's POV

I groaned at the sound of yelling, sitting up in bed and holding my head. Someone helped me up, and I saw Evan's face. I smiled at him, but then noticed the crib was empty. Panic set in as I searched the room, which inexplicably turned white. "Babe? Evan? Era?!" I called out, the room suddenly going dark. "Please... Answer me," I whispered, feeling a sense of unease.

Anti's POV

I listened as the fused two struggled, their thoughts and intentions not aligning. Approaching them, I heard their groans and observed their discomfort. "I wonder what happened?" I mused, watching as their bodies split into two, both Candace and Fall showing streaks of white in their hair. Checking on Fall first, I decided to observe from a distance, transforming into a squirrel. As they both struggled, feeling unwell, they eventually hugged each other, leaving me wondering about the cause of their distress.