Chapter 11: Trust Issues

Fall's POV

Candace released the hug, sighing softly, her gaze meeting mine with a hint of shiver. I watched as she ran her fingers through her hair, noticing a streak of white amidst the strands. Curiously, I reached over and tugged on the strand.

"Why do I have a white strand of hair?" she inquired, and I shrugged, attempting to lighten the mood. "Must be a 24 thing," I suggested. Candace chuckled briefly, but then her expression turned somber.

"Why are we outside?" I questioned, scanning our surroundings. "I was about to ask you the same thing," she replied, rising to her feet.

Extending a hand to me, she helped me up, and together, we examined our surroundings, trying to shake off a strange feeling.

"We must've had a wild night," Candace remarked, and I nodded in agreement. "But that doesn't seem possible," I added, prompting Candace to look at me quizzically. "True, but you never know what could happen with Dark..." She trailed off, absently touching her cheek before sighing in relief.

"Can I tell you something?" she asked, and I nodded. Taking my hand, she led me back inside the house, locking the doors behind us.

Sean's POV

I sat on the balcony of our accommodation, waiting for him to return, when suddenly, something green flew toward me.

"Beep Beep MotherF*cker!" he exclaimed, narrowly missing me. "I thought you might've betrayed us by now, but you didn't. Oh wow," I remarked, and he rolled his eyes.

"I could've if I wanted to, you know," he retorted, and I shrugged. "Dark must've been treating you well," I commented, to which he stuck out his tongue. "I could and will murder you on the spot, but here's the good news. Fall and Candace fused into Dawn, but it didn't turn out well. They were both thinking about something different, but I don't know what," he informed me, and I nodded in understanding.

"And you're sure they were thinking about something different?" I questioned, and he nodded. "I wonder what then..." I mused as Anti transformed into a bird, and Mark joined us on the balcony.

He glanced at the bird and then at me, and I shrugged, shooing the bird away as it flew off. Chuckling to myself at Anti's acting skills, Mark folded his arms.

"We can't trust anything, Sean. Remember that?" he reminded me, and I nodded. "I know. I know," I replied, and he sighed, gesturing for us to head inside.

As we walked back inside, I scanned the sky for Anti. I couldn't tell which bird he was, but it didn't matter.

I trusted him more than anything now.

Joshua's POV

Walking toward the house Dark had assigned to me, I adopted a tough-guy walk, although I knew it was the wrong approach. Practicing my Joshua voice, I felt something was off.

Glancing down at my clothes, I wiped off the blood, nodding in approval at my outfit. I detested these clothes Joshua wore.

"Such a pathetic dude, and what are these gloves for?" I muttered, discarding them. Admiring my tattooed hands, I smirked before aiming at a lady across the street, relishing the sharp sensation. However, Vanoss intervened, making the lady unaware of my presence.

He shook his head, handing me the rock with a warning.

"You need to be Joshua, not Josh," he admonished before vanishing. "Well, somebody seems sad not to have his dick up inside Fall!" I taunted, earning a warning from Vanoss.

"Listen here, you little waste of space. You're not going to talk down to me or Fall. You're not even going to lay a hand on Fall. You better not, unless it's your last time," he threatened, but I chuckled.

"I could do anything. As long as I don't know Fall like that. Like..." I trailed off, mimicking Evan. "Oh Evan~ Oh Evan~" I mocked, earning a huff from Vanoss.

'This guy won't lose his cool for anything, huh...' I thought, returning to my normal self. "Just go and don't get caught or mess this up, okay?" he instructed, and I nodded, chuckling. "Okay, Owl Boy," I replied, flipping him off.

Feeling a sharp pain in my middle finger, I turned to see Vanoss shrugging.

"Had to make it seem real that you've been hurt," he explained, making me wince. "Yeah, sure. You're doing your job correctly, Delirious," I said, causing him to sigh.

"Just go before I do more," he warned, and I chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. I can already tell you're going to crack."