Chapter Eight: Unforgiving

(One Hour Later)

Fall's POV
I spun the paper in my hand as the rage dissipated. Candace walked through the door, and I stood up, intending to approach her, but I hesitated.

She held Joshua's coat tightly, her expression unreadable. When I placed a hand on her shoulder, she shrugged it off.

"Hey. Wanna tell me-" I started, but Candace cut me off abruptly. "Joshua isn't with us anymore. For some odd reason, you just had to leave me... I mean Joshua and me alone with Delirious. You know he's a three-person fight," she said, her eyes turning green.

"Well, unlike your thinking, I was going to check if there were... Did you see that place? Blood everywhere, and the last person standing died in front of me," Candace explained, rubbing the back of her head. "You didn't come back, though. So who did you see? Evan?" she inquired, and I looked away. "Oh? Something happened?" she pressed, but I remained silent. "This is pointless," she concluded, walking away, leaving me standing there.

I wanted to tell her everything, but at this point, being with her felt like hitting a brick wall. I huffed in frustration and returned downstairs, sinking back onto the couch.

"Where are you, Joshua?"

Candace's POV
Of course, I felt guilty about what I said to Fall. I didn't know how to process my emotions at the moment, oscillating between anger and sadness. I clutched Joshua's coat tighter as I entered my room and slammed the door shut. My body felt weak as I collapsed against the door, tears streaming down my face.

"Joshua! Joshua!" I cried out, the memories of my brother flooding back. I continued to sob loudly, the pain in my heart unbearable.

Fall's POV
I heard Candace's cries from upstairs and slowly made my way up the steps. The anguish in her voice pierced through me, leaving me feeling powerless. A single tear rolled down my cheek, and a chill ran down my spine.

"Joshua..." I mumbled, approaching her room. "Joshua..." I repeated, my hands clenched into fists. "Joshua," I whispered as I slid down beside Candace's door, joining her in silent tears.

This pain was as unbearable for me as it was for her. I wished I knew how to comfort her. We were all each other had, and I wanted to preserve the strength of our bond, reminiscent of when the three of us were together.

"Wherever you are, Joshua... I hope it's not with them."

Joshua's POV
I scanned my surroundings, disoriented by the unfamiliarity. As voices argued around me, I struggled to comprehend my situation.

"She hurt me! That bitch, could you stop talking? Your voice is aggravating, Asanti..." I heard someone complain.

Unable to discern where I was, I saw a shadow looming over me. Suddenly, something sparked inside me, a sense of recognition.

"Hey! You brats!" I yelled out, causing three figures to turn around.

One of them seemed strangely familiar, though different somehow. He appeared more agitated, perhaps anticipating my reaction to his betrayal or my escape to inform Fall of his true identity.

"Step aside, children... This one is mine," a voice commanded.

The figure approached, his essence leaving ephemeral marks with each step. As he drew closer, I felt a suffocating pressure envelop me.

"You're mine... Remember that, you filthy animal," he hissed, and everything went black.

???
"Arise."
"Shit."

The sound of my laughter reverberated through the room as I observed him.

"Never again."