Chapter- 12[Edited]

I walked out towards the refreshment room with Astitva

I walked out towards the refreshment room with Astitva. He knew something was upsetting me but he also understood I didn't want to talk about it so he didn't say asked anything. That is what I like best about him. He understands me even when I don't say anything.

As we walked in we saw Rishab Dada standing with Lakshya, discussing something. He had his back to me but I could see he knew I was there but he chose not to react. Dada saw me and called me towards him. I hesitantly walked towards him.

"Where were you kiddo. I was looking for you around" he asked

"I was in my cabin checking a few documents. They were needed urgently." I lied to him.

"Did you have something?" he asked

"I am not hungry dada" I told him.

"But..."

"Please dada I will eat when I am hungry. Promise" I said before dada could insist more.

"Ohk. But eat soon." he said in a strict and concerned tone. No love could ever measure up to brother's love.

"I will" with a slight smile. I couldn't manage anything else.

"So Lakshya are you finding Australia to your liking?"

"It keeps surprising me everyday" pun intended on me.

"I hope good surprised"

"We will see" he replied

"Why don't you join us for dinner tonight" oh no. I can't bear to see him ignoring me twice on the same day.

"Arzoo makes the world best Mutton Nihari. You will love it." Like he doesn't know. Lakshya never ate mutton nihari of anywhere else unless it was made by me. He has eaten everything I could cook.

"Not today. I have a dinner date" Lakshya said smirking

Hearing this I just wanted to double over in pain. It was different to imagine him moving on in life but the pain was on whole different level to see it. The thought of any other woman with him was like dying a hundred times over and over.

"What happened to that sweetheart of yours. I thought you loved her. She was your 'IT'" my brother asked.

"Apparently I couldn't love her enough to convince her to stick with me through hard times. Apparently I wasn't good enough for her." he said looking directly at me

What was he talking about? It was I who wasn't good for him. How can he think he wasn't good enough when he was all that a girl, a woman, I could ever wish was? I did what I did because I didn't want him to be kept away from being the father he well deserves to be. His love was never in question but I seemed to have left a different impression and that just made me feel a hundred times worse.

I turned my gaze away from him. I couldn't take looking into his accusing, hurt eyes anymore. It was killing nerve by nerve every second.

"Well I must take your leave now. I have plans to get too" lakshya said looking towards my brother.

"Yes of course" my brother walked him to the elevator.

I couldn't bear it anymore so I also took my leave and left but instead of going back home, I went to Garie beach. It is a beautiful beach in Royal National Park, on the outskirts of Sydney. I remember when I was young there was parent's day at school, everyone's parents came but mine didn't so I was very upset and refused to eat anything unless granny called my mom from stars. I was told she lived in starts and I was too young to understand anything else. But I was too young to understand how permanent this distance was so I just got stubborn and wasn't ready to listen to anyone. That day my granny took me to a beach and told me my mother loved beaches and water and since then beaches have been the place where I go when I want to feel close to my mom. So here I was finding some solace in my aching heart. I sat on a bench looking at the vast expanse of water. But all I could feel was an emptiness inside me. I didn't know where was my life going. I was learning to get by each day without him and now that he is here all I want to do is run in her arms. But I can't and seeing indifference in his eyes when all I have ever seen is love, is like thousand bleeding cuts on my heart.

I was so lost in my thought that I didn't see a baby girl sitting on the sand near me with a sad pout and I just couldn't take it

I walked up to her and sat beside her and asked

"Are you upset?" I asked

"Yesh(yes)" she told me in her baby voice

"Why?" I asked again

"Joushe is annry wiv me" she told almost on the verge of crying (i guess she meant Joushe is angry with me)

"Why is he angry" I asked again

"I promised him not to draw on his books. But I was angry with him and did it" she said looking extremely sorry and guilty

"Did you say sorry to him" I asked her

"He said I bok (broke) my pomiz(promise) so he won (won't) talk wiv(with) me and gawww(go)." I could see tears appearing in his eyes

"Why don't you tell him sorry and give him a hug and promise never to do it again" I suggest her

"Will he not go then?" she asked innocently

"You have to say sorry first and promise to never break any of your promises," I told her

She ran to the little boy sitting a little distance from us and held her ears and said sorry.

"I will never talk to you if you ever break promise again," the little boy told her.

"I pawmise(promise)" the little one said holding his arms

The boy bent down and kissed her cheek

I couldn't hold my tears seeing such an innocent love. Both ran back to me and the girl hugged me.

"Fankyu(thank you)" she said hugging me

"You are very welcome sweetheart," I told her

She looked pulled back and wiped my tears

"Why are you caying(crying)" she asked

"I boke a promise too" I told her

"Tell him swarry(sorry) and hug him" she said before running away with the little boy

And all I thought was, If only it was that easy.

Unknown to the sad beauty sitting on the sand, there was another pair of eyes and ears that were watching and listening to this entire conversation and thinking

If only you could see how easy it was my love.