Chapter-2 Nightmares(Part 2)

Rishab was sitting in his office still agonizing over what had happened a few hours ago. He did not regret kissing Kavya as she was his, he only regretted doing so when she was so vulnerable. He was sitting in his office and looking at his laptop screen showing the footage of Kavya's room. After he left she saw her clinging to the pillow and crying her heart out. Seeing her in so much pain was breaking him from inside and what made it worst was the fact that she was crying because of him. He wanted to rush to her and hold her in his arms and take away all her pain but when he thought it was better to leave her alone as he could would not be able to see hatred in her eyes for him. What pained him more was the fact that for the girl he was ready to destroy the world was in so much pain and he could do nothing about it. After crying for a while Kavya fell asleep and now he was looking at her sleeping face with tear stain on them. Suddenly he saw Kavya getting restless on her bed. At first he thought that she was just changing her sleeping position but when she started struggling a bit he realized that she was having a nightmare.

He immediately ran towards her room and threw open the door. He saw Kavya struggling and screaming and begging in her dreams.

"Leave me. Please leave me...."

"Wake up baby.....please relax" He ran next to her and shook her trying to wake her up.

"Get away from me. Don't touch me" She was still not awake and screaming

"Wake up Baby.....Look you are safe" Rishab again tried to wake her up

"Rishab save me" she was thrashing and screaming. Even in her dreams she was looking for Rishab to save her

Rishab could not take it anymore.

"WAKE UP KAVYA....WAKE UP" he screamed and shook her really hard.

Kavya suddenly woke up from her dream and sat abruptly. The moment she woke up she scrambled away from Rishab still not realizing she is awake.

"Get away from me, just stay away" she screamed

"Hey baby its me. You are safe. Look I am here" Rishab tried to bring her around coming closer to her.

It took her full 10 min to realize that she was not in that hell hole anymore and the moment she realized and saw Rishab trying to coax her she immediately rushed to his side and hugged him tightly like her life dependent on it and started crying.

Listening her screaming all the guards ran into her room but seeing them Kavya got even more nervous so Rishab asked them all to leave after that everyone left except him

"Its ohk baby.....it's ohk I am here. No one will hurt you"

He hugged her tightly and kept assuring her that she was safe and no one is going to hurt her. After a while Kavya calmed down a bit. She over her head from his chest and looked into his eyes clutching onto his shit tightly and said

"Promise me you will never let them take me away again" tears running down her face

He cupped her in between his arms and looked directly into her eyes and said

"No one is ever going to touch you not even over my dead body. I will kill every single person who even thinks about it. Nothing and I mean nothing can take you away from me ever" his words held determination and a promise which he was going to keep until his last breath. Listening to Rishab's word Kavya felt a bit assured and again hugged him still trying to believe that he was not a dream.

After calming her down and giving her a glass of water and some medicines which she took without any resistance. Rishab tried putting her back to sleep

"Sleep now baby, you are safe, I am here watching over you" he said trying to make her sleep.

"I don't want to sleep" she said resisting sleep

"But why I can see it in your eye that you are exhausted"

"What if I wake up and realize this is all a dream. What if I wake up and don't find you here." she said with a broken voice.

Hearing her so scared Rishab's heart broke in pieces.

"This is not a dream love. I will be right here when you wake up" he said trying to reassure her

"How do you know it is not a dream" she asked

"Because if it was a dream I would not have been able to do this" he said kissing her forehead

"You promise you will be right here when I wake up?" she asked looking hopefully in his eyes

"I promise when you wake up tomorrow I will be right here" he said with determination in his eyes.

"Kavya Promise?"

"Kavya Promise" he said with a slight smile on his face and kissed her palms

He laid her head down on the pillow but she moved away from there and kept her head on his lap like she always did when ever she was in need of some reassurance. This brought a smile on his face and he started running his fingers through her hairs knowing how much she liked it. She held one of his hand tightly in both her hands and closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

And it was after so many months both drifted off chasing away each other's demon