Chapter-24

Arzoo's POV

Sitting in the garden of our mansion I was thinking about all that as happened in past few days. A lot was running in my mind. Last night with Lakshya broke my resolve to stay away from him. Seeing him with someone else I knew I would never be able to do that but a part of me was yelling at me for being selfish. I can never give him that he what he longs for. I can never give him a family he has always dreamed of. He shall always be incomplete with me. But was I strong enough to let him go. While fighting this internal war I felt a hand on my shoulder bringing me out of my present dilemma. I turned around and saw Kavya.

"Mind if I sit"

"Of course not, please come" I said to her smiling

She sat down beside me on the grass and started gazing at the sky with me. After a while she looked at me and said

"It's ohk to be selfish sometimes you know" still looking at sky

"But love is never selfish" I said looking at her

"An act done to bring happiness in someone else's life is never selfish" she said looking at me with a slight smile on her face.

"I will never be able to give him what he wishes for the most, he will always be incomplete with me" the hollow in my chest felt a little deeper.

She smiled and looked me in the eye before asking

"Ask yourself again Arzoo what is it that really gives him happiness You or some child"

"I know he loves me but what if in future he wishes to have kids, what if he wants to a family" I spoke out my dilemma.

"He will always have his family. Don't you see Arzoo he does not just dream to have kids but he dreams to have kids with You. He does not see a family in some non-existing child but his family is You. All those future dream that he has is special because he has seen it with You."

"You think that by walking away you are saving him from suffering but can you not see that he has been suffering since the day You decided to walk out on him. Can't you see that the path you have chosen is not leading to his happiness because his happiness is You. You said that it would be selfish of you to stay but don't you realize that it's not by staying but by leaving him alone will you be acting selfishly. You told me once that love is a one time game then how can you not realize that its not just you who will loose he will be down with you. You said love is never selfish then won't it be selfish of you to not give him that one thing that he has yearned the most- Your Love."

"Take an advise from someone who has lost her all. Life and Love don't give you many chances so seize the moment. You never know what's next to come. Living in now and loving what you have right now is what matters so why suffer for future you have never seen. Love is a treasure found only by few, so value it. You won't find it again if it's lost. And always remember one thing Arzoo its not the child or any other thing in the world that will make you both complete. Its only your togetherness that will complete you both"

She smiled and left me with my thoughts.

'She is right, how did I never see it. In the all my stupid attempts to save Lakshya from getting hurt, I was actually hurting him. He never asked for a child or a family all he ever asked was for Me. How can I be so stupid to not realize that in an attempt to not be selfish, I was actually being very selfish. Kavya was right all Lakshya has ever wanted was me and my love. OMG...!! How can I be so stupid' I thought as realization sank in.

'That because you are idiot' my inner conscious mocked me

Hey you don't get to say a word. You never said any while I was doing all that, I said arguing back.

'Like you would have heard. I didn't wanted to waste my wits arging and idiot like you' it said

Hey you do realize the we are the same person

'I would like to think otherwise'

I didn't knew you could be so mean

'Well I didn't knew you would flaunt your stupidity one day'

I don't like you much

'Well I don't like you at all' it retorted back

I don't have time to waste on you I have to find Lakshya and tell him I am sorry and how much I love him

'Well who is stopping you from doing first sagacious act of your life'

I sighed annoyed with my inner me and shut her up and ran towards getting the love of my life back in y life with the intention of never letting him go away ever.

I am coming Lakshya and this time it will be Forever.   

********************************************************************************

A/N- I know you guys hate me for not updating for so long but I am so sorry. Lately I have been facing some belief issues and its getting a little hard on me. But i am trying to get back so bear with me.

P.S- I Love You All