Chapter-7[Edited]

Silence

Silence.

The language of the dead.

I have never dreaded silence more. The only thing the silence has brought me before was peace. But today it was haunting away every bit of peace in my mind. I have felt the silence before when Arzoo use to sleep in my arms all those nights or when I and dad went fishing by the lake or the long walks I took with mom or the nights I slept on my open terrace balcony watching the stars. But this was different. This silence was worst than any scream you can hear, it kept howling and echoing in the mind stirring your soul in pain.

I was haunted.

Haunted by the look I saw on her face when I rushed inside the hospital room.

And the only thing I can see on her face was- Death

I saw the piece of my love getting lost, taking a part of me with her.

Flashback

The moment the truth of what that evil bitch had done draw on me I rushed in.

Arzoo was sitting upright looking so haunted by the truth. I would rather die than see that look on her face again.

I immediately took her in my arms hugging her but she felt like a lifeless doll in my arms.

"Princess, look at me. I got you" I caught her face in between my hands trying to make her look at me but she was lost.

It felt as if her soul has left her body. She was looking at nothing. It felt like holding a lifeless doll. Her eyes were stoned and the warmth she radiated was no more there. It felt cold. She felt cold.

I held her to me and hugged her as tightly as I could. I wanted to feel her, feel her warmth, her happiness, her spirit of life but there was just nothing. All it felt like was....

Empty and Void.

The mere thought of losing my princess brought me to tears. I could face anything with her by my side but I was nothing without her. I kept hugging her for I don't know how long but Arzoo didn't even say a single word.