Chapter-6 [Edited]

"Why isn't she waking up mom?" I said getting desperate with every passing second

"She will darling. Her body just needs her to rest right now, to allow her to recover." My mom said standing beside me.

"I just wish I could turn the clock back and save her. I am responsible for all this" I said feeling guilty for not being able to save her.

"No honey,it's not your fault, don't blame yourself. She will be fine." My mom kept reassuring me while my dad was outside using all his connections to catch hold of the culprit.

Arzoo's surgery was successful and the doctor said she will wake up soon but it's been 7 hours now and she is still not awake. I was dying to see her beautiful blue eyes looking at me with all the innocence and love in the world but a part of me was also scared, how will I tell her of our loss. I can't even think about it without tears slipping from my eyes, how will she bear it

"How will I tell her mom. It will break her." I looked up at my mom

"Hush honey, we will get through this. She might not be my blood but she is my daughter, she is strong. And we are there, for her. We will help her get through it." she said soothing me.

I asked dad to take mom home. She has been here since last evening and hadn't had a minutes rest. She was reculent but dad and I convinced her. Dad wanted me to go instead of him but I wasn't ready to leave Arzoo's side even for a second. So I asked mom to send over fresh clothes for me so that I could change. My clothes were all covered in blood and we anyway had a suite for us on the top floor of the hospital where I could take a shower and change.

After a while my security detail handed me a bag with fresh clothes and food mom had sent. I took the clothes and changed after having a shower while Shaurya and his team took Arzoo for CT Scan. I couldn't come with her so i took the opportunity to have a shower and change. When I came down they were bringing Arzoo back to the room. It's been 12 hours now and she is still not awake.

"Come back to me baby, please come back to me. I can't live without you" I whispered holding her hand in both of mine and kissing it and kept praying for her to wake up.

 I can't live without you" I whispered holding her hand in both of mine and kissing it and kept praying for her to wake up