chapter 10 : hospital meeting

pidge was awake for some houres now . After what she had been through the lasts houres , she was realy tired .

The doctors came to make a tcheck out on her . She was doing fine .

she also had news about her baby ;

* Kayden Kogane , Holt .

*48 centimeters .

*3558 gram .

*in good health .

....

Colleen , Sam , R7 and Matt were supposed to come visit pidge today . And that's what they did . At 11 AM , they arrived to the hospital .

-KAT' !!!! HIII !! IM SO PROUD OF YOU !!
Matt jumped on her sister and huged her very close .

-congratulation guys !
R7 came next to Matt .

- are you feeling ok ??
Colleen asked .

-im fine .

-where is my grandson ?
sam asked .

-right here ;
keith showed them the small Kaiden . He was holding him on his arms .

-Ho my ...
Colleen said .

-Hi honey-pie...
she continued , caressing the cheeck of her grandson .

-do you want to hold him now ?
Keith asked to Colleen .

-yea , of course !
keith gave kayden to Colleen .

-ho my gosh .
Colleen had tears on her eyes .

-He is adorable ...
sam added .

-im an uncle ..
Matt said . He just realized .

-hello Kayden , im uncle Matt .... you might have hearded me before . You know .. the best uncle in the world .. this is me ..

Matt was getting emotional at every words he was saying .

-he is going to be an amazing person . I can tell just by looking at him . You know , I guessed that you were going to be a paladin of voltron a year before you did became a paladin .

sam said laughing .

-heh , I know your are right .
pidge said smiling at her dad .

Sam carressed his grandson's head .

-welcome in the family Kayden .. im your nonno.. ( Italian for grandfather )

-here Sam , take him in your arms .

Colleen gave the baby to her husban .
Sam had stars on his eyes .

-Hey , where is Krolia ?
Colleen asked .

-she is coming , I have no idea of where she-

-WHERE IS THE BABY ?!?!?

Krolia sudently opened the door . she was accompanied by kolivan .

-mom , chill....

Krolia ran in front of Sam to have a look on her grandson .

-wanna take him ?..
Sam asked as Krolia's eyes got bigger .

-PLEASE !!

Sam gave the baby to Krolia . She grabed him like Rafiki grabed Simba in the lion king .
She was intensely looking at him without saying anything and she wasn't showing any emotions on her face . After some secondes , she smiled .

-Yorak !!
she happily said raising her grandson to the celling .

-no mom .. not Yorak .. Kayden ...

Krolia huged the baby softely .

Matt and R7 also get to hold the baby . ( I pass the details. )

-so .. how have you been ? I mean , when you were in labor?
Krolia asked grabing pidge's hands .

-well .. it was hard and painful .. but i guess I did pretty good eversince I know that Kayden is healthy .. after I gave birth , i slept for like... 7 houres ?.. I don't know anymore .. but anyways , it's over now .

-No more kids ?

krolia alaways wanted a big family .. but because of war , she never did .she Counted on her son to achive that dream . Anyways , she knew that they weren't even planing to have a second kid yet...

-don't talk to me about getting another kid when I just got my first baby a few houres ago ...
pidge said showing to krolia that she was tired ...

-yea sorry .
Krolia laughed .
maybe one day ? Who knows ?

their familys stayed a an houre . They talked together and made sure that Pidge was ok before to go . They got some gifts from both sides of the family . Krolia and Kolivan's gift was a blade . ( it was expected from Keith and Kidge )

-thank you guys .. but I think he is a little bit to young for that ...
pidge said rubing her head .

- has a part of the blade of marmora , I got my first blade the second I was borned . But I get that he is not compleately galra ..
kolivan said .

-yea , keep it and give him when he'll be ready .
krolia continued .

keith frowned . Krolia did the same with him when he was younger . It reminded him the day where his dad... he gave him the blade and it was also the last time he saw him alive . The day where Keith would have to give the blade to his son was inportant for him , Pidge knew it so she wasn't going to say a lot about it .

-alrigth .
keith said firmely .

-we'll have to discuss that , mullet .

keith looked at his girlfriend without showing any emotion . he just noded while holding her hand .

everyone stayed silent

-we also got you a gift !
Colleen break the silence puting a bunny plushi in front of her daugter's face . It wasn't any bunny , It was a special one...

- Awwww thank youuu ~~~
pidge said grabing the plush

-do you recognise it ?

-of course ! it's Neptune , the bunny nonna* made me when I was younger !! you made a new one for Kaiden ... thank you so much ..
*(nonna : Italian for grandma )

-im glad that you like it !

Neptune was a fluffy bunny . he was blue , this is why Katie called him like that .

-you can put it on his bed .

colleen puted the plush on the bed , next to kaiden . He was sleeping .

- I recomand you to put your scent on it , it'll help you calm him when he is crying . He will feel safe in the contact of the plushi . Trust me .

colleen smiled at her daugter .

Matt and R7 gived their gifts for the baby after a small moment...

it was time for all of them to leave . they knew Pidge was tired and that she needed to rest . It was hard to say goodbye even if they could come to visit every days ... still , they were realy happy that they had met the new member of theire family .

I just noticed that i don't even know how to write "plushi" lmao ... im french so ... anyways lol , see you for next chapter !! stay tuned !!✅

( sorry if made mistakes 😓)