chapter 3 : 10 am~

The next day, Keith woke up first. He saw his "friend" sleeping on his chest. He cuddled her for a moment.

He couldn't hold it anymore... he was so scared of what would be happening next... but he had to stay strong. For her. What was she thinking of him? After the baby, would she reject him?

He admired Pidge so much; she was never scared. And for the first time, he could feel how anxious she was. We are going to be clear; Keith would like to keep the baby but... Pidge was right, they are not ready. She is 20, he is 23, They have a lot of work, and they are not even a couple... could they be, tho?

Keith stood up, a little anxious, and then went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Today, he had to take Pidge to the doctor... but first, they maybe needed to talk a little. He went back to the room and saw his "friend" laid down on the bed; she seemed depressed.

"Please, tell me I'm not pregnant and that was just a really bad dream."

"I guess I wish it was..."

"Fuck it."

"Hey, chill... we maybe need to talk about it before going to the doctor."

Pidge looked at Keith, scared.

"You don't want to?"

Pidge didn't answer and rolled herself up in the blanket.

"Of course, I do..."

Keith looked at her for a moment and then lay in the bed next to her.

"So um... are we telling anyone? Like... your parents?" Keith nervously asked.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! No way! They will go mad! My mother will kill you!"

"Yes, dumb question." They both stayed a little quiet.

He then spoke again "Pidge, I'm not going to lie. I'm a bit scared. Not about the baby, I think everything is going to be fine but... I'm scared about us. After that, what is going to happen? If you don't want to see me, I'll understand but—"

"Stop saying shit, Keith! I'm not mad at you or anything else! I really like you, and this will never break our relation! Never!"

Keith smiled.

"You know, when we first had a deep talk like this one, we had a question that we couldn't answer..."

"Which one?"

"Well... I'm wondering... how do you feel about me?"

Pidge stayed silent. a moment before to speak. "What about you?"

"Well... if I have to be honest, I still don't really know. Like, I can't put a word on this feeling. I'm just going to describe it to you then: to start, I think that I have never felt as good as when I'm with you. I really admire you. When I have to go for the blades and to leave you for weeks, I really feel... sad? I... don't know... I feel like I'm empty. Yeah. When we hug, kiss, or just... other stuff we do together, I feel so safe. I want to spend more time with you and to be inclusive in your life. I want to be there for you and... to protect you, to keep you safe, by my side. This is so weird and stupid because I know that you are totally fine without me, that you do not need me to protect you but... I still feel like I need to keep you as safe as possible. I mean, you are the most interesting person I know, I could listen to you for hours and look at you without feeling tired. You have such a pretty voice! Pretty as you. Like, look at you! Your eyes are giving me chills... every time I look at them. YOU are my only weakness... and YOU are the only person that doesn't make me feel like I want to be alone. 'Cause you know me, I love to be a—"

Keith looked at Pidge. She was still wrapped in her blanket, and she had stars in her eyes.

"Alone... sorry... did I say too much?"

"You really feel that way?"

"Sure."

"I would have never thought in my life that I would hear you talk about your feelings that way... so you are telling the truth, I guess because otherwise you wouldn't have said all that... I'm going to be clear: I feel the same way. Now, how could we call this feeling? Is it what love is? I mean... I heard a lot about it but never felt it. Maybe it is?..."

"Well, I do love you."

"I love you too..."

"So we are in love?"

"I think so..."

They stayed silent for a moment, feeling a bit awkward...

"Katie...?" he said her actual name to captivate her attention fully. "If we are in love, maybe... I mean... if you want to... we could be more than just 'friends with privileges'?..."

She stared at him. "Ask me out already."

At her words, he froze.

"Go." She insistead.

"Fine: Pidge—"

"Katie."

"KATIE!... do you—"

"Katie Holt."

Pidge was obviously messing with him.

"Stop."

She chuckled "Okay fine, I'll stop."

"So... Katie... will you be my girlfriend?..."

Pidge looked at him in the eyes.

"Obviously, yes."

After smiling at each other, they finally kissed, in this room, at 10 AM.

SHORT chapter too , hope you enjoyed anyways!!!
ship kidge !!!

sorry for the mistakes !!

stay tuned for CHAPTER 4 !!✅