Prolouge

I've spent about six months on Task Force 141, and so far, things were surprisingly calm. After I was out of basic, I was immediately recruited by Captain John Price. He said my performance was better than most in my class and demanded that I join 141. I gladly accepted, and ever since then Ghost and Soap heavily trained me, readying me for almost anything. Almost.

"Good dodge, L/n!" Soap laughed as I ducked, barely missing his swinging fist. I rolled my eyes, watching Ghost slowly sneak up behind him. We made eye contact, and I nodded to Ghost, confusing Soap.
"You're watching the wrong person," I laughed, and with that, Ghost swung Johnny's legs out from under him.
"Hey, that's cheating!" He yelled, almost pouting like a child.
"All is fair in love and war." I stuck my tongue out at him, giving him a toothy smile. Ghost and I made fun of Soap for getting his ass-kicked, making our way toward the rec room. 

The base was laid out honestly nicely. Our bunks were right off of the rec room, and everyone was able to have their own space. I was put right next to Ghost, which I was thankful for. He may be a bastard, but he's at least quiet. For a short while, I was next to Soap, and I could not stand it. He was louder than a herd of cows. The meeting room was a short two-minute walk away from the rec room, along with the training area. A roughly 5-minute stroll in the morning. Enough to wake you up with this cold spell we've been experiencing. 

"Hey, you three. I want you all in the meeting room in 10," Price interrupted our conversation with a serious look. We didn't even have time to make it to the rec room. He seemed pissed about something. I looked at Ghost, who gave me a small shrug, unsure of what was happening as well. We began our walk, Soap still complaining about losing to me on an unfair advantage.
"Will you stop bitchin'?" I inquired him, looking upward. He furrowed his eyebrows, scoffing at me.
"And if that happened to you?" He gave me a dumb look.
"So be it," I cackled, opening up the door for the two men behind me. Price sat in his chair, lighting up a cigar. 
"Sit you three," He ordered, all of us complying. I sat in the middle, between Ghost and Soap. I could feel my leg beginning to subconsciously bounce as Price took a long drag from his cigar. 

"Got orders from Shepard. In about 2 months, we're going out on a mission to Russia. I don't have the full details yet, but all I can tell you is that, L/n. You're going to be sniping our target out. This mission is going to count on your ability." Price pinched the bridge of his nose, taking another long drag. 
"Captain, with all due respect. Me? I've never even touched a sniper rifle before," I stated, shock slowly filling my body. Ghost gave Price the same look. He had faith in me, but he knew when my experience stopped. 
"I've very aware of your inexperience with sniping. That's why we have someone joining us."

And with that, a soft knock echoed against the dark spruce door.
"Come in," Price raised his voice. The door slowly opened, revealing a skyscraper. This man ducked, making his way inside the room, and gently closing the door behind him. He was gigantic. He wore standard black military boots, tan cargo pants, and an onyx black overshirt, mainly covered by his chest harness which held a multitude of tools and random items. His face was covered by a sniper hood with red tears that had started fading to a softer color. His eyes were almost a smoky grey, yet I could see a tinge of blue hiding in them. He also wore a helmet that sported some other combat gear. 

Just sitting in my chair, I was breaking my neck just to look up at him. This man was the definition of tall, dark, and handsome. I could tell he was self-conscious of our staring so I backed down, turning myself back around toward Price.

"Meet König, he'll be training you L/n." 
"Hello," König spoke softly, letting the three of us observe him one final time. I nodded to him, "Hello. Nice to meet you." I offered him my hand, noticing how his hand swallowed mine as he shook it. 

"You three are dismissed. König. Please stay for a moment," Price motioned his hand toward the chairs we emptied.