Arc 4 - Secret - Dreaming of you

Day 10: Wet Dreams

Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and immediately knew that he had done it once again. There was wetness in his sleeping shorts. All he could do was sigh internally. Why did this keep happening? He was not some horny teenager anymore.

Moreover, this was not the first time he had had a wet dream. Ever since Lan Zhan had taken him and A-Yuan in two weeks ago, they were a nearly daily occurrence.

Just after Lan Zhan had rescued them from the Nightless City brothel Wei Wuxian had insisted, although only half-heartedly as he and A-Yuan had literally nowhere else to go, that they would be fine. He had thought that they could not impose on his former favourite client like that.

Everything happened too quickly and Wei Wuxian had not had any time to prepare, be it mentally or financially, for such an abrupt change. Since both his apartment and living expenses in general had been provided by Wen Ruohan, the owner of the brothel, he had literally nothing to his name. The first days, he had tried to search for a job, but no one was willing to hire someone who had barely finished their compulsory education, had not obtained even a high school diploma and on top of everything, were having a child.

Wei Wuxian had adopted A-Yuan when he had been just a baby and the toddler had quickly become his whole world. He could not imagine in his wildest dreams to be separated from his son. Several of his co-workers back at the Nightless City brothel had suggested that he should let go, that he should leave A-Yuan in an orphanage. Some truth was hidden in those advices, it would have perhaps made his life slightly less hard, but he would never do such a thing. It was unthinkable.

Accepting the invitation and living in Lan Zhan's house – more of a villa really – came only after Lan Zhan reminded him that winter was just around the corner and that A-Yuan was too young to live on the streets. Wei Wuxian had accepted reluctantly under the weight of this argument. He thought that he could at least repay Lan Zhan with his body since he had no money to pay any rent.

However, not only had Lan Zhan insisted that they should stay free of charge, not only had he provided all their daily necessities and was spoiling A-Yuan rotten, his family was also in on it with him. Or, his brother was. His uncle simply looked – glared – at Wei Wuxian after being explained the situation and left the room. In the end though, last few days, he seemed to have come to like A-Yuan very much and was doting on him quite a bit.

The weirdest thing though was that despite what Wei Wuxian believed, Lan Zhan's motive was apparently not to have his body to himself and enslave him in his mansion. Any other client of the store Wei Wuxian used to work at would have done it if given the opportunity. They would have whisked him away to locked them in their own dungeons and have him exclusively for themselves. Some have even already made such plans; but those, he never saw again, Wen Ruohan must have had been spying on him.

But not Lan Zhan.

In fact, his former favourite client had not touched him once since the night he had carried him half naked to his car in the parking lot in front of the Nightless City brothel after picking up A-Yuan from Wen Qing's medical office.

And by not touching, Wei Wuxian meant it literally. Lan Zhan had not treated his injuries and bruises; he had called the Lan family doctor to do that for him. He had even averted his eyes as if Wei Wuxian was some fair and fragile lady and not the man he had laid with in bed countless times.

That had not been the only confusing thing about the situation. Lan Zhan went as far as telling Wei Wuxian that he could stay however long he wanted. He did not have to do anything, not even search for a job or for an apartment. He was given a free ticket to live in a lavish mansion and have servants fuss over him and A-Yuan whole day long.