Chapter 38- Saviour

ONCE AGAIN @partypoisonx3 HAS MADE A BEAUTIFUL COVER FOR THIS BOOK, AND I AM ACTUALLY OBSESSED. EVERYONE IS SO TALENTED WITH THEIR ART SKILLS ITS AMAZING.

************

Agony screamed inside me like a siren, my body spasming violently as I felt my own blood, and bodily fluids flood down my face.

A high pitched screech emerged from my throat, my voice coming out in tortured wails.

It hurt so much. Almost too much.

The man leaned towards me, his hot breath was thick with booze. "All you had to do was take your shirt off, sugar," he smirked, "and I'll still get what I want. I always do."

His hand released the handle of the knife, as he leaned back. I could only see from my right eye, not even a hint of light flooded my left.

"Brace yourself baby," the man growled hungrily, as he began to unbuckle his trousers.

I couldn't move, think, or breath.

All I could do was lay there and feel his clammy hands grab at the waistband of my jeans.

"Enough." A harsh voice growled, and then the mans hands were gone.

A gunshot went off somewhere to my left, and through the agonizing throbbing that wept through me, I could hear the shuffling of people.

A figure popped into view, the area too dark for me to see vividly who it was. "Hold still," the figure whispered, laying a hand on my cheek.

Then the knife was out, sliding out in one simple motion. I gasped when it was out, but more pain seemed to find its way at home.

I resisted the urge to screech at the top of my lungs, and instead just stared directly above me while blood and other substances from my eye spilled onto my face in a steady stream.

Black spots appeared on my good eye, and I began to drift away, for the first time not feeling as much pain.

The last thing I saw before I fell into unconsciousness was the dark figure desperately ripping their shirt in order to soak up the blood that flooded down my face like a steady brook.

********************

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming, or if it was true. Had I actually fled the Prison with Victoria clinging to my arms? Had we been attacked by the Governor and his soldiers? Was I actually separated from the ones I love? Taylor? Maggie? Judith? Daryl Dixon? Did Allison actually get shot? Point blank beside me, as she tried to save my life?

It hurt to move my eye. I couldn't move my eye. It was like something I had never felt before, like someone had taken a carving knife to my eye, then stuck their filthy finger into the wound and left it there to fester for days.

I slowly opened my right eye, and gazed at my surroundings. The sky had turned dark, like black velvet dancing against the cold breeze. Millions of stars twinkled above, and leaves fell around me when the wind blew a little too hard.

Something moved to my right, and I turned my head to find a mop of blonde hair laying beside me. Victorias tiny body was curled up in a ball, her breathing odd, and forced as her back contracted.

I turned my head to the left to see a figure approaching, a bag held in their hands. Was it a walker? I thought to myself. But as I carefully analyzed the way they stepped, sighing nervously when I could tell the person was in fact alive.

"You're conscious," a mans voice observed softly. He set the bag down beside me, and crouched low. "You're safe, I promise."

I looked at him, unable to decipher any recognizable features in the dim lighting. "How much do you remember?" He asked, his voice becoming more and more familiar as he spoke.

He stopped for a minute, and stood up before peering down at me for a long moment. The man then turned silently, as if he mentally had decided something.

He crouched low, and with a few sparks of light, he had a fire burning instantly. "Do you remember me?" He asked, scooting back over to me.

He moved his face closer, and finally when the flickering light of the fire hit his face, I knew who it was.

"I don't think so." A low voice growled from the tree line behind us.

The leader's face twisted in confusion and he turned around to come face to face with sidekick-2, holding a hunting rifle that was pointed at his face.

"Go, get your supplies and get out of here." The sidekick ordered to us.

Glenn and I didn't hesitate to drop to our knees and shove the rest of the supplies back into bags.

"Your weapons are behind that tree." He added.

Michonne trudged towards the tree and slung her katana into it's sheath on her back. Then she grabbed the rest of the weapons including my sword.

"What the hell are you doing?" The leader snarked, lowering his weapon.

"Saving innocent lives. I don't care how much trouble I get in to, I can't do this anymore." The sidekick admitted.

The leader laughed harshly and stared daggers at the sidekick. "You're so fucked when we get back." He admitted.

The sidekick nodded, "I know."

It was so clear now.

"You're alive." I whispered, looking at his concentrated face.

He looked down at me, his brow quirking as he realized I recognized him. "You remember."

I looked back over at Victoria, who laid motionless on her side. She was almost so stiff that I thought she was dead.

"She's okay?" I asked, looking at her tangled, muddy hair.

"She got scared, and ran into the forest. She actually bumped into me, and asked me to help. Thats when we heard you scream. We ran to you, and I had to kill him. I couldn't let him live anymore." He whispered, his eyes going a shade darker as he recalled the events.

I stuck my hand out towards her, stroking her arm softly as she rustled again. "She must have been terrified." I whispered, taking my arm back.

"She didn't show it." He replied.

"How long has she been asleep?" I asked.

"Since we left your home."

I nibbled on my lower lip, before slowly sitting up, my head nearly spinning. "Thank you." I said, looking at the man thankfully.

He just nodded his head, averting his gaze to the forest floor. A low snarl from the bushes made us turn. And when a walker appeared, he stood up and casually strode towards it. He slowly lifted a knife from his hip and sunk it into the walkers skull.

"Can you walk?" He asked, dipping down to pick Tori up.

I slowly got to my feet, gaining my balance as I went. "We can't be here anymore." The sidekick added, adjusting Victoria in his arms.

I took a shaky step to the fire before stomping out the little bit of light that flicked back and fourth.

"Then lets go."