Chapter 44- Introductions

This bomb ass photo was made by da bae: @partypoisonx3 !!! Thank you sooo much!!
*******

I never closed my eyes. The entire night I had stared at the cobwebbed covered ceiling, thinking about everything.

I had told Daryl about everything: Victorias death, my eye, what happened between Warren and I; how he was infected.

Daryl explained how he escaped the Prison with Beth, how they searched for us, and found shelter in a funeral home before being separated, and joining the claimers.

The garage was cold, the late fall air was chilling to the bone, and nipped at the bare skin on my nose and hands.

One of the men in the garage had been snoring immensely, finally someone had went over and woke him, making the annoying sounds cease.

Daryl had promised we'd be away from these savages by tonight. All we had to do was slip away while we're walking and run the opposite direction.

Morning light was shining through the window, and I stood up slowly and quietly so no one would hear me.

Daryl was sleeping stiffly, he looked uncomfortable and cold, but we did sleep on the floor.

I grabbed toilet paper from my bag before grabbing a bottle of water. I inched the door open silently, to make sure it wouldn't creak.

I slipped outside, and gaged on the rotten smell in the air.

I hopped down off the concrete ledge and headed around back. All I wanted to do was pee in peace without anyone coming outside.

I walked for a few minutes before I tripped on something. I looked down and saw a hand sticking up from in between the crispy fall leaves.

I fell backwards and eyed the hand silently. I stood back up, and used my foot to brush the leaves off of the body.

Warrens cold face was exposed, and I sighed miserably. I lowered his arms and crossed them against his chest. I buried him in a mountain of leaves, and grabbed two heavy branches to mark his grave with a cross.

I bent down, before covering his face and kissed his icy cheek. He had saved my life after all, and for that I could never repay him.

"What the hell are you doin'?" Joes voice yelled, startling me.

I thanked god that it wasn't one of the other men, and quickly buried the rest of his face. "I'm burying my friend. The man your men shot." I said, sending him an icy look.

Joe shifted his weight back and fourth, and crossed his arms. "He was infected. He woulda died anyways."

I remained silent, analyzing the grungy looking man. All I could think about were Len's agonizing groans as the men kicked into his body, killing him slowly and painfully.

"I apologize for his death." Joe said, as I stood up.

"Thank you."

He looked at me with hungry eyes, and nodded his head. "You want something other than gauze on that eye of yours?"

I furrowed my brow and watched as he dug deep into his bag, before pulling out a leather eyepatch.

I stared at him with disbelief and confusion as he set the patch down in my hand. "Belonged to a friend of mine, doubt he'll be needing it now." He chuckled.

"Thank you." I said, tucking it into the pocket of my jacket.

Joe cracked a smile, displaying his yellowed teeth. He pulled something out of his jacket pocket, a pack of smokes.