Chapter 24- Shopping Gone bad

This art was made by Glenn_lover_4ever ! Good job :) I love it!
************************************
"Should I be scared to go out there?" I asked Taylor as I pulled my navy-blue shirt over my head.

"Why? You can protect yourself, hell you could protect this whole prison." Taylor murmured.

"But what if something goes wrong? What if you fall and land on the baby, or Tori get's too close to the fences or Allison get's bit while she's hunting?" I questioned.

Taylor sighed and sat up on my bed "Stop." She ordered, her voice going cold. "You stop that right now." I'm not dying, Tori's not dying, Allison isn't, Daryl isn't, no one is dying. Get that through your thick skull."

I was taken back by her sudden outburst, but I took a deep breath and blamed it on her crazed pregnancy hormones.

"Can you watch Tori till story time?" I asked hopefully while I slid on my black leather Jacket.

"Shouldn't she be playing with Lizzie or Mika? Kids her own age?" Taylor asked as she rubbed her belly.

I sighed and eyed my sword laying on the dresser, the sleek black sheath shinning as I watched it glimmer in the dim lighting.

"You should take it with you." Taylor said softly as she stood up and moved towards the sword and her makeshift bayonet arm extension.

"No." I replied flatly as I grabbed the small hand gun laying next to it. I picked Daryl's hunting knife up off the dresser and slid it into my boot.
"Just make sure Tori eats something." I said coldly as I strolled out of the room.

"Don't die!" Taylor yelled after me as I walked down the Prison corridor.

The bright sunlight shinned happily outside as I made my way towards Daryl and Zach. I smiled nervously at Daryl and when I got close enough he leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss. I cupped his cheek with my hand and deepened the kiss. I raised my other hand and knotted my hand into his shaggy hair before Zach cleared his throat from beside us.

I pulled back and looked at Zach from the corner of my eye, he leaned back awkwardly against his black, dodge charger. "So Beth and I are a damn romance novel?" Zach asked smugly.
Daryl flipped him off with a plain face and Zach laughed. "Ready?" Zach asked, his chuckles dying off. I nodded and we walked towards the motorcycle,

"No sword?" He questioned as I climbed on behind him.

"Nope." I replied flatly before he started it up.

About a half an hour later, we had just finished driving down a crumbly old road, we were standing in the Big spot parking lot getting ready to scavenge for supplies.

Bob, Sasha, Tyreese and Glenn had left only moments ago to check the perimeter while Daryl, Zach, Michonne and I relaxed at the front of the store.

Daryl banged his elbow on the glass again and leaned back casually "Give it 'nother second." Daryl assured.

"I think I finally have it." Zach exclaimed as my eyes scanned the parking lot for any problems.

"Have what?" Michonne laughed from beside Zach.

"What Daryl used to be before the apocalypse." Zach explained.

"He's been guessin' for weeks now." Daryl added as he hid a sly sneer. I smiled and crossed my arms as I awaited Zach's thought.

"A homicide cop." Zach said eagerly.
I snorted at the thought of Daryl being a detective, while Michonne just laughed. I watched his playful smirk grow on his stubbly face. "Whats so funny?" He demanded.