Chapter 29- Preparing for the Worst

This awesome pic was made by @MidnightMemories47 ! Thank you so much, its awesome and it definitely one of my favorites. :)
************************************

"Its spread. Everyone that survived the attack in cell block D has it." Hershel solemnly stated. "Sasha, Caleb, and now others."

"Jesus." Daryl mumbled, looking around at the other members cautiously.

"So what do we do?" Carol asked, twiddling her fingers mindlessly.

"First things first." Hershel said confidently. "Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there, like we tried with Karen and David."

"What the hell are we gonna do about that?" Daryl grumbled, looking at the table as if remembering their charred bodies.

"We'll ask Rick to look into it, try and make a timeline. Whos where, when. But what are we gonna do to stop this?" Carol explained, quickly heading back to the original concern.

"There is no stopping it." I said, remembering how I had heard desperate coughing the night before the attack, possibly coming from David.

"You get it, you have to go through with it." Hershel continued, looking sadly at the group members in the room.

"But it just kills you." Michonne seemed to clarify, voicing her opinion in the matter.

"The illness doesn't, the symptoms do. We need antibiotics." Hershel concluded.

"We've been through every pharmacy near by, and then some." Daryl interjected.

Hershel nodded, looking thoughtfully at Daryl. "That veterinary collage of west peed street tech, thats one place people may not have thought to raid for medication. The drugs for animals there, are the same we need."

Daryl sighed, leaning forwards a bit. "Thats fifty miles. Too big risk before, I'm gonna take a group out. Best not waste anymore time."

I closed my eyes, wishing he hadn't stepped up to go out. Sure he was an experienced walker killer, but one day something could go wrong. And I'd never see him again because everyone always asks for Daryl to go out on the runs.

I opened my eyes and watched Daryl stand up and start for the door. "I'm in." Michonne called, following after him.

Hershel shook his head, looking at Michonne seriously. "You havent been exposed, Daryl has. You get in a car with him..."

"He's already given me flees." Michonne joked, smirking happily.

"Hey, thats my husband you're talking about." I said, looking at her with a sly grin.

Hershel chuckled and stood up while Daryl looked at Michonne with amusement. "I can lead the way, I know where everything's kept." Hershel said, standing up.

Daryl shook his head slowly, looking apologetically at the old man. "When we're out there, it's always the same. Sooner or later, we run."

"I can draw you a map." Hershel mumbled. "There are other precautions I feel like we should take."

"Like what?" Carol questioned.

"Theres no telling how long it'll be before Daryl and his group return, wouldn't it make sense for us to seperate the most vulnerable. We could use the administration buildings, separate office. Seperate rooms." Hershel added.

"Who is the most vulnerable?" Glenn wondered out loud, wiping his hair away from his face.

"They're young." Hershel said quietly.