𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕋𝕠

Chapter thirty-two

(Christmas is in 14 days)

^_^_^_^

When the thunder started, Thea knew shit was going bad. Though the battle had started with great teamwork and avoiding a lot of death.

Then Thea and Jason got separated on each side of the giant, adding to the fact that Piper and Leo were both out fighting six-handed dirt monsters.

Jason was quicker than Thea was, and therefore made himself the bigger target to keep the giant occupied. Thea then realised what she needed to do.
If the giant was going to fill her mind with words about being an outcast thanks to her dad, then she was going to be an outcast using what her dad stood for.

Skeletons rose from the ground around the giant, each one quick to move about and avoid the big hands that were reaching for them. It would be enough to keep Enceladus distracted while Jason and herself could place their attacks. Unfortunately, the amount of energy she'd gathered from her little naps on the trip hadn't been infinite.

Skeletons took more of her energy than spirits did. Keeping so many of them around to fight the giant together with herself was not something on the 'Hades child recommended' list.

But, with her slightly slowed down fighting, she'd ended up next to Jason again. At least she'd be able to make sure at least he made it out alive. He could take Piper and Leo away. She could not. She would not survive that in her current condition. She hadn't touched a drop of water in maybe a week. Perhaps you couldn't run on Coca Cola and coffee.

"Good to see you still alive, Grace," she yelled over the chaos, just before the giant thrust his spear into the ground just where the both of them were standing.

"Shit!" She barely managed to roll away from the sharp edge. Jason had been more effective. He'd managed to both roll away from the giant's spear thrust and jabbed Enceladus in the ankle.

Jason's javelin managed to pierce the thick dragon hide, and golden ichor - the blood of immortals - trickled down the giant's clawed foot.

Enceladus bellowed in pain and blasted him with fire.

Jason scrambled away, rolling behind the giant where Thea had ended up. They both shared a quick look before they moved in sync and struck again behind his knee.

It went on like that for seconds, minutes - it was hard to judge.

The skeletons had somehow climbed on top of him and were stabbing him in the arms or on his legs. It didn't help much, as Mr enchiladas eventually managed to shake them off and they all fell down.

Thea sent them to help Piper and Leo instead when she heard the sound of battle raging across the clearing where she knew Piper and Leo were fighting. She could hear yelling while avoiding the earthborn and the fire that was building around them. That was more of a relief, as it proved they were alive.