𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕤𝕛𝕦

Chapter thirty seven

(Idk if anything makes any sense anymore)

———

In her fifteen years of life, Thea had never had anything against the cold. The underworld was cold, and the dead were cold, so of course a daughter of Hades - which included both - would be used to the cold.

But, with Thalia Grace now proving how far cold could go, the daughter of Hades threw all that she'd ever thought about the matter out the window.

Was this what Boreas did to the demigods and people who did not grant his help? Not even death, just nothingness. They would be frozen with their soul for all eternity.
Just another statue in a throne room, or another piece of art in someone's bedroom.

At least with Medusa and the stone turning the victim would die. They wouldn't die as ice sculptures.
The cold could do so many wonders, especially with magic involved. She'd never thought about that before.

If she was being totally honest, Thea hadn't thought she'd ever have a worse fight than the one in Manhattan.

As usual, Thea had been wrong.

There may not have been as many monsters to fight this time, but there sure as hell were fewer people to fight them.
In Manhattan, she'd arrived with her brother, father, and two other goddesses, but this time they were all alone.

She didn't even have her sword anymore, only a dagger that had been declining her ever since September.

Not to mention that in five minutes an enormous giant would wake and kill them all.

No gods were left available, and even if they were, Thea had the feeling they wouldn't have wanted to get involved in Hera's rescuing.
They wound't want to help any demigods, because of an ancient law that forbade them from being in contact with their own children.

And why would they help someone else when they couldn't help their own children?

That meant her only assets were one whiny imprisoned goddess, one weirdly attractive girl with a hardly-used dagger, one son of Zeus who had exploded his weapon, and a son of Hephaestus with pyrokinesis.

It wasn't much of a surprise that it was happening on the west coast either. Throughout her life in America, the majority of her life trauma had been given to her in the west.
Some examples were her mother's death, Minos trying to take Nico, and the news about her half-sister Bianca's death.

Yet, as she stood on the line between dying and fighting, she couldn't help but be glad she wasn't dying alone.

Not to mention the enemy was unnaturally beautiful, Not like aphrodite, as nobody could compete with her beauty, but Khione had a glowing beauty to her that one could only achieve with godly blood running through your veins.