𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕤𝕖𝕜𝕤

chapter thirty six

(Good news. I passed music so Thea's safe for now. (by passed I mean I got the highest grade in my class and I'm gonna bully everyone else ((no, I won't))

<3<3<3

Thea wasn't sure many things would faze her anymore. Sit in a helicopter manned by a fifteen-year-old first-timer? Sure, why not?

She didn't dare watch out to see where they were flying, but she knew they were high up.

Jason had managed to fit her broken leg into a cast of sorts, telling her she shouldn't put too much weight on it - something they both knew wouldn't be happening.

They were going into battle. Her ankle would have to survive until they finished and she got  Ally back to camp.
The second part wouldn't be too hard. She could either try shadow travelling across the country or just get the french skeleton driver she and Nico shared to drive like a maniac.

"Going okay?" Thea heard Piper ask Leo.
The two were sitting in the cockpit, one flying the helicopter and one being emotional support.

For support, she sounded more nervous than Thea was feeling - which was quite a lot considering her uncle could take this chance to kill her off at any moment.

But Leo didn't seem to be bothered by the nervousness. "Aces," he said. "So what's the Wolf House?"

Jason moved past Thea and knelt between their seats.
"An abandoned mansion in the Sonoma Valley. A demigod built it - Jack London."

"Never heard of him," Thea muttered.

"He an actor?" Leo asked, not looking away from the control panel.

"Writer," Piper corrected. "Adventure stuff, right? Call of the Wild? White Fang?"

"Can't read either," Thea muttered, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her head on them.

"Yeah," Jason said, rolling his eyes at the daughter of Hades's comments. "He was a son of Mercury - I mean, Hermes. He was an adventurer, travelled the world. He was even a hobo for a while. Then he made a fortune writing. He bought a big ranch in the country and decided to build this huge mansion - the Wolf House."

"Named that 'cause he wrote about wolves?" Leo guessed.

"Partially," Jason said. "But the site, and the reason he wrote about wolves - he was dropping hints about his personal experience. There're a lot of holes in his life story - how he was born, who his dad was, why he wandered around so much - stuff you can only explain if you know he was a demigod."

"Why would anyone want to read it if they don't understand what it's about?" Thea asked.

The question went unanswered, but she was pretty sure that was only because Jason didn't want to answer, and the other two didn't have an answer.
"So Jack London went to Camp Half-Blood," Leo guessed.