𝔽ø𝕣𝕥𝕚

Chapter forty

(I'm so tired rn that it hurts to keep my eyes open)

<.<.<.<.<.<.<.<.<.

When Thea opened her eyes this time, she felt no pain at all. For the first time in days, she felt at ease. The room she was in was wildly familiar. She'd been there several times before.

The camp infirmary.

As far as she could tell, she was the only patient there. That did not mean she was the only person there.

The first thing she could hear when her senses returned was banter. She recognised one voice in an instant but before she could listen in, someone engulfed her in a hug.

Thea took a moment to hug back but immediately relaxed into her best friend's warm embrace.

"You little bitch," Marielle muttered. "I thought you died."

Thea laughed. She had thought she would- So many times in the last couple of days she'd been prepared to meet her father in his domain, only as a spirit this time.
One last goodbye before her judgement.

"I have so much I need to tell you," Thea mumbled. She wanted to cry. Not because she was sad, but because she was relieved.
Relieved to be alive, and relieved that she could finally think about the past without crying because she missed it all.

Marielle was currently the longest-appearing person in her life.
They deserved to know the truth. All of it.

"Hey! Careful with my patient!" Will Solace hurried over to the two. Thea had to do a double take when she saw her brother.
Her anti-social, people-hating little brother.

Nico Di Angelo had been talking to Will Solace.

Marielle quickly let go and sat back in the chair next to her best friend. William Solace's wrath was not something they were seeking that very sunny day in December.

"How are you feeling?" The son of Apollo asked when he reached her side. "Does anything hurt?"

Nico stayed behind, but he sent her a small smile, gesturing to the exit before quickly leaving. Thea knew they'd be catching up later.
After her brother was completely out of sight, Will's question echoed in her head.

"I feel fine," she answered truthfully. Physically she had never felt better, and after the near-death experiences and the constant bringing up of her past, she was ready to open up.

Piper, Leo and Jason had already learned so much about her that she'd never planned on telling anyone.

Now she had to tell one of the people who mattered most, cause if the new demigods figured her out before the one constant person in her life, she wouldn't forgive herself.