ℕ𝕚

Chapter nine

(I did say March 25th, didn't I?)

- .- .-. - .- .-. ..- ...

When Thea woke up, only an hour later, mind you, she was in her bed. She knew she was in her bed, because she had slept in this bed for several days now. But she wasn't alone.

Someone was lying in the bed with her, an arm around her waist. She did not even have to open her eyes to reccognise the person. There was only one it could be; Piper McLean.

She tried to get out of the brunette's grip, but the movement caused the daughter of Aphrodite to wake up, sitting up confused - as if she wasn't sure where she was or why. Thea took that as an opportunity to get out of her bed, having to hold onto the bedframe to keep her balance in the beginning. She really should've gotten some more sleep.

"Lana." And with just one name, Thea's world crumbled to pieces. In the haze of awakening, she'd forgotten the words she's stupidly said not even a day earlier. She'd forgotten the quest they were on. She'd forgotten how doomed she was.

"Piper," she said shortly, hoping the girl had somehow forgotten - maybe with Hera's help. Alas, there was no such thing as luck when it came to the life of a demigod.

She knew Piper remembered, she could see it in her green-blue eyes that constantly changed colours. If Thea had the choice, she would've drowned in them.

"Where did you go?" Of all the things - the rejection - Thea was prepared to face, the question thrown at her was the last things she'd thought of an answer to. She was prepared to tell Piper she was lying (she wasn't), or that it was okay to just be friends (she could live with that, right?), or even telling the girl about how she knew about the doors of death - how if anyone tried to close them they would be doomed.

Instead, all she had to do was explain how her step-mother had to return a lost item.

Piper seemed to accept it, no questions asked. Then the time closed in.
"You know what you said yesterday," the daughter of Aphrodite started, waiting for Thea to nod (hesitantly) before continuing,
"did you mean it? When you said you didn't want to burden me with your problems because you thought it didn't matter, was that what you meant or was that another 'heat of the moment' thing?"

Thea, who'd been scratching at the back of her hand to have something to grund her, froze. "Heat of the moment? Yeah, I'd say I was pretty cold - as I usually am - but I guess that's a way to describe it too, ey? What did I even say? Cannot remember, actually."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Changing the subject, or avoiding any talk about feelings." Piper crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm the child of a love-goddess. I can feel the pain, the happiness, the fear, the terror, the sadness, the love... I can feel your every emotion as if it's my own, Thea."