𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖

Chapter four

(This so chaotic, but it's 3 AM so it's excused)

............

Thea would like to announce that she did not pass out like Jason had. No. Well, she was unconscious after the battle, but that wasn't because of any injury or an overuse of powers. It was all Piper and her stupid charmspeak. So technically she hadn't gone to sleep or anything or been knocked out. So why did her mind reward her with a dream? Well... it didn't.

She was back at her fall. The one she had suffered all those months ago now. The one where Nico was her only hold to not fall into the deepest and worst abyss in the underworld.

Only this time it wasn't Nico who was pleading with her to not let go. It was her pleading with Nico. She was telling him to not let go. It wasn't her falling, it was him. Her fratellino was hanging onto her hand, seconds away from being consumed by the darkness.

He was hanging to her arm, and then he wasn't. He was gone; taken by the darkness. She'd failed to protect him. Then the darkness expanded. It went for her.

"You won't get away a second time, will you?"

Gaea.

Thea did not answer. She did not have an answer.

"We might just have to put that to the test."

The darkness took over her vision and the cave crumbled. The ground disappeared from beneath her and Thea fell once more, just like she had back then. Only this time, she didn't believe she would get out.

She sat up in the bed she still had little memory of falling asleep in. Piper sat next to her, holding her hand. And it seemed Jason had just woken up as well. The daughter of Aphrodite did not notice either of them. She was staring at her knife that she held in her right hand.

"Hey," Jason croaked. Piper was so startled she dropped the knife.

"You're awake!"

Thea frowned, looking down at her bandaged arm. She could have sworn it was not bandaged when she closed her eyes.

"Don't sound so surprised." Jason touched his bandaged head and frowned. "What ... what happened? I remember the explosions, and -"

"You got amnesia again?" Asked Thea, squeezing PIper's hand. "Or do you still remember us."

Jason tried to laugh, but it turned into a painful wince. "Last I checked, you were my godly cousin who loves to make my life horrible, and you," he looked at Piper, "are my friend who deals with her. Unless something has changed since I was out? Which again leads ot the question: what happened?"

Piper opened her mouth to answer, but Thea beat her to the word. "You were attacked by a brick. Right to the head. Out like that." She snapped. "We should really think about taping a pillow or something to your head with all the times you've passed out so far:"