chapter 1: Her king, his other wife👑

It was a very energetic day in harem with maids running around and the first rays of sun passing through the giant buildings......

*in harkha's chamber*

A maid entered with a bowl of oil in her hand, she went near the mirror and bowed her head to the lady sitting in front of the mirror....."adhaab mallika-e-alia......with your permission?"
she nods her head in response and puts her hair backwards......so that the maid can massage her hair before bath......the lady in the mirror is revealed to be harkha begum.......she was beautiful with her growing belly which is visible even in her sitting position.....but she was not like as she was before,she has become arrogant and scolds her maids in everytime possible.....

one maid runs in,"begum sahiba,the emperor is coming!"

She comes from her ease position.....and shows her hand to the maid who was massaging her hair......she stops and bows her head and leaves from there.....

The emperor comes in," I hope you r doing well harkha begum?"

He looks at the reflection......she was all smiles and wished him adhaab to which he replied too....

She says,'" How will i be okay....i did not see you in the past two days shehensha"she faked anger...

The emperor says," I had some work harkha....so i thought today i would meet you earlier before retiring into duties.......aap mujhse naaraz toh nahi na"

She says," Yes i am ..."she turns her back towards him...

He smiles at her doings....and says,"acha......now listen i had brought you a gift which would enlighten your mood....."he turns her towards him and gives her bunch of roses......her excitement vanished," Is this a gift shehensha(the emperor's face lost the glow) ....aap apna patni jo apko apki sultanat ke waaris denewali hai usse aap sirf phool denge "she laughs taunting him as if she is doing a huge thing for him......
The emperor was taken aback by this behavior....eventhough it is not the first time.....he claps his hands and a maid brings a box....he takes it and opens it....it was a bracelet.....he makes her wear it and her face was restored with the happinesss......she says "I know my king,u know what i deserve"she takes his hand in hers and kisses it......but the emperor just maintains his smile throughout......and leaves from there nodding.....

Then harkha looks at the bracelet.....

Then the emperor went towards the chamber near the fountain......when he entered he saw gul and moti bai arranging her dresses in the bed.....when they saw him they were about to make noise but he responded to be quiet and asked where is their lady without uttering a word.....they showed him the direction of the balcony......he asked them to continue their work and moved towrds the balcony.....

The rays of sun entered the balcony side along with some chill air as it was the early hours of the day.....there she was in the sofa placed there in a leaning position, reading the holy quran with a stole in her head.....her one hand ws in book the other was in her growing belly.....she looked absolutely ethreal in the whit sharara that she was wearing.....

Once she completed,she turned side only to look at the emperor standing there with his hands folded at his back......smiling at her......her happiness knew no bounds and she smiled to him excaliming,
" You came!but no one made a noise.....when did u come?that too in the early hours....is everything ok?jalal!" that is when he came out of the trance.....

He says"how much questions u r asking begum......and i can come to meet my wife at anytime even without a reason!"he comes near her keeps his hands around her neck......she replies,"beshak!"

She continues after seeing his antics,"i think the emperor is in the mood to romance" the emperor smiles and says,"aap ko mere dil ki har ek baat pata hai.....kaise karte hain yeh sab kuch"......she replies,"aapke dil to mere pass hai jalal......how can i not know it....." she kissed his forehead.....

She says,"now come sit with me....its been a long time" she takes his hand in hers and drags him to the sofa....." they both sit beside each other......he starts,"i have brought u a gift ruqaiya.....but i dont know if u will like it....."
she says,"even before showing me,how can u decide urself....first show me"....he makes her close eyes and makes her wear bangles made of roses....as soon as she opens her eyes....she is happy to see them......she says"aapko bhi humesha pata hai ki mai kia chahty hoon...... nowadays i like the smell of flowers....." seeing her happy he too felt relived as she did not react like harkha....he continues,"these are freshly plucked flowers by me....."

she was astonished.....and laid her head in his chest....

One thing was clear to him..... Harkha does think that she is doing a great deal of favour to him.... She also thinks that her child would definitely be the nxt ruler......
He asks, "ruqaiya....what child dou wish for? "
She takes her head from his chest, " Mmmm..... I have to ask u that.... Jalal what child u want from me, boy or a girl"
Her eyes were glowing....
He replied, "I hope we ll have a daughter.... Because daughters are close to a father's heart than sons, right! "
She smiles, " Subhanallah.... Lucky are those who have daughters as their Firstborn "
He asks, " Now answer my question "
She says, " Everytime my prayer was to grant me a child.... Whatever it is I ll be happiest human in the world then"
He asks her, " Ruqaiya.... What if we have a boy? "
She says, " Than also we ll be happy jalal... But why r u restless"
He says, " U r like this.... Positive way of taking everything..... But harlha on the other side thinks that she would definitely have a boy.... And he ll be the nxt ruler.... She is think like that only.... And i am scared... "
She understands what he was trying to convey, " If it's a boy.... Then good.... But if it's a girl then also she should show her the same love.... She has to accept the fact.... "
He replies, " But i don't know how to make her understand "
She says, " Nowadays her mood swings make her more angry jalal.... Gul told me that she is sometimes venting it out to the maids nd other co wives.... If I talk then she would be very angry.... I think u should talk to her with love..., so that she shall understand..... But without losing ur cool! "
He looks on nodding his head....

Suddenly there were chaos outside.... Noises were heard.... They both look at the direction and at each other....
Moti bai runs in, " Ruqaiya begum.... Ruqaiya begum.... Woh.... The princess had gone into labor..... !!"

Both the emperor and ruqaiya became happy with tears and ran out.....

Hello guys..... Hw u all have been doing..... So updated the first chapter..... Hw do u guys like it.... If u like chapter plz do vote....
Tell ur reviews in the comment section as they are valuable to me.....

What do think will happen in the upcoming story....?

Until then,
Always❤