chapter 9: love is in the air(too) 😉

The first rays of sun enetered the chambers..... With some cold breeze touching the screens.....
Gul was massaging ruqaiya's feet..... The emperor had gone to practice sword.....
Gul starts, "begum sahiba, I think a letter arrived  from amer last night..... "
She replies with her eyes on a book she was reading, " Mmhm.... What u wanna say.... Tell it directly Gul"
Gul comes forward, " My birdie said,That a group will come from amer.... To make things right for their princess... "
Ruqaiya keeps down her book and comes in front with her belly..... " Who knows what harkha will do now? "
Moti comes in, " Pranap ruqaiya begum "
Ruqaiya nods and smiles at her....
Gul asks, " Arey moti.... Aaj itna der lagadiya tum? "
She replies, " Gul, woh kya hai na.... Yesterday a letter came from amer to the rajkumaari.... One came for me too... I went to get that"
Ruqaiya says, " What was written moti? If u wish u can tell us too"
Moti says, " No no begum sahiba nothing like that, it is that harkha begum is entering her 8 th month.... It our ritual in amer to conduct a godh barai for pregnant women.... According to that harkha begum's grandmother, sister along with some close relatives would come to agra day after tomorrow..... And after a  week the function would be organized with the king and queen joining it"
Ruqaiya nodded, " Yeh to bohot acha hai.... Iss waqt mein apne maa baap ke sath rehna, dil ko khush rakhta hai.... "
The emperor entered the chamber and heared her tell the last line..... He felt weird.....
He again went out without even meeting her.... She looked back as she felt he was there....
Then the trio returns to their daily routine..... Both help ruqaiya get ready.... Just then a soldier come in, " Mallika-e-hind, shehensha is waiting for u in the garden.... "And he hands over some mogra flowers....
She felt surprised.... And Gul started teasing her, " Dekho moti, ab humein bhi lag rahi hain ki kisi se shaadi karlein.... "
And ruqaiya and moti laughs.....

*in garden*
He was waiting for her and when she came there....his back was towards her and she laid her head encircled his body in her embrace....
He kept his hands on hers and smiled and turned still in her embrace.... He leaned towards her too close , only inches apart and she was able to feel the warmth in his breath..... She closed her eyes...
He smiled and kissed her cheeks near her lips....... For a longer time....as if it was the first time.....
"Abbu jaan.... Ammi jaan....!!!! "
They heard a voice and opened their eyes and looked at each other still in the hug, they knew whose it was.... They look at his direction and parts the way looking here and there.....
" Rahim.... " Salima said coming after him... " Adhaab shehensha..... Ruqaiya.... Did he disturb you guys"
Ruqaiya says, " Nahi salima begum.... We were talking only" She said looking at him and he too nods at her....
Rahim says, " Nahi ammi..... Abba aur badi ammi to ek dusre ke kareeb the.... (Ruqaiya and jalal looks at each other and look down with salima raising her eyebrows) aur teek se dekne ke pehele aap agaye ho"
Salima smiles looks down.... The emperor breaks the ice, " Acha rahim beta, come we ll talk alone for sometime..... Itne dino  baad aaya humara beta madarsa se"
He takes rahim with him unable to look at the ladies.....from there....
Salima then looks at ruqaiya who turned to other side..... " Accha ruqaiya, this will stay between us.... Don't worry"
Then she turns and looks at her innocently and both burst inter laughing.....

*in haimda's chamber*
Hamida and harkha were having food when harkha informed her about the letter and asked her permission to let her stay with her sister in the guest chamber.....
A formal letter was also received📩 n the court asking the emperor's permission for the function... And he too agreed but one thing was bothering him a lot....

Guys, I know that was a small chapter... But the next one will be interesting..... So what is the bothering the emperor? Any guesses......
If u like the chapter.....plz do vote it and tell ur reviews an the comments section as they are valuable to me.... Stay tuned

Until then,
Always❤