chapter 10: THE SILVER LINING

The emperor retired to his chamber to see his wife offering prayer.... He silently came and changed his clothes and offered prayers too....
When they both completed he gave her hand to stand up and made her sit in the couch.... They both ate dinner.....
After sometime, he sat on the bed and ruqaiya in the nearby stool with her back towards him.... And he combed her hair....
The emperor says, " U wanna tell me anything ruqaiya... "
She says, " Nothing jalal.... Why do u think so? "
He replies, " Really nothing? "
She senses that he is anxious and turns towards him and takes his hands to her cheeks.... " What is that's bothering u.... Tell me? "
He sighs, " I feel guilty "
" For what"
" That u are feeling that ur parents are not there wid u in this time"
" Aapko kisne kaha? "
" I heard u talking wid Gul and moti this morning "
He is really sad and looks down...
She says, " U had taken me wrongly, I said every woman will want that..... But for me..... U know what makes me happy? "
He looks at her....
She says, " When u r happy.... I am happy.... To see u smile jalal.... I can sacrifice even myself.... Because I love u..... "
Her eyes are welled up and his too... " In order to establish the kingdom, my father died in a war and my mother too died of illness.... Isme aapke kasoor nahi hai! "
He says, " But still-" She keeps her finger on his lips.... " No... When they left u have given me everything before I could ask.... U are my world.... Don't feel bad for anything u did not commit.... "
He smiles and come towards her and she stops him.... " Jalal! "
"Kya huwa? "
" The door is open..... Rahim will not come right? "
They both look at the entrance and burst into laugh....

It was morning
Ruqaiya was on her way to meet bakshi to get back the baby as it was with her since yesterday...... On her way she met salima and both went along.....
Ruqaiya and salima are greeted by bakshi....
Ruqaiya starts, " Accha bakshi.... Where is my daughter? Actually since she slept here.... I did not wanted to disturb..... But i think the time has come..... "
Hearing this, she becomes sad.....
Salima notices it and eyes ruqaiya....
Bakshi takes the baby and gives it to ruqaiya.....
Ruqaiya says, " Don't worry..... Your husband told me something..... What u really need bakshi? "
Bakshi's eyes welled up and she knelt down before ruqaiya, " Bhabhi..... I want to adopt nazia's child.... I want to grow old with her.... That's in my heart "
They both smile towards each other.....
Ruqaiya says, " I know.... But wanted it to hear from you.... "
They smile.
She continues, " But don't forget,if in case this happens, i will always keep an eye on you... Before anyone she is my daughter..... I don't leave anyone who harms her.... If u fail to do what u have promised.... Then u ll face my wrath"
Her eyes became red when she said the last line.... Bakshi gulped in fear seeing her and nodded her head....

Then as usual everyone does their routine work.... Maham anga as per the orders of the emperor, made everything ready to welcome their rajput guests coming the next day....

Harkha was very excited to meet her relatives.... And in the meantime planned something heinous with maham.....

At evening
The ladies of harem including hamida, maham and other wives gathered for tea.... They used to do this at times.... But after harkha's marriage this was the first time for her.....
Ruqaiya too joined them with her baby.... And also instructed them about the newly devised rules to ensure everyone's safety.....
They were seated like, hamida in the centre..... To her right was harkha and maham and to her left was ruqaiya and salima as the sofa was long.... Then other begums dispersed leaving behind these five,then the emperor too joined them....
Seeing him, everyone srood up from their place and wished adhaab....
He smiles and says, " U people are talking a secret without me? "
Salima laughs and says, " Can anyone keep any secret form the mighty emperor? "
Maham says, " She is right jalal.... If u are willing then u too can join us" She points her hand for him to sit near harkha as it was a long sofa..... And harkha too moved for his space.....
But when they were doing this the emperor's eyes fell on his wife and baby she is holding.....
He says, " Masha allah! Hamare beti bi hai yahan.... " And he takes the baby in his hands and he was very happy to take her.... And casually he sat between ruqaiya and salima.....
They three played with the baby....
Harkha boiled in anger.....
She says to maham in lower voice, " Until she is alive na.... Nothing good will happen for me"
Maham signals ger to be quiet as they would hear.....
And then the emperor talks with hamida about the preparations.....
He says, " Harkha, when ur parents are planning to conduct the function for u? "
Harkha smiles and replies, " Within a week maybe, shehensha.... After arriving here, they look for an auspicious time.. "
He nods to it....
Maham says, " You must be very happy harkha begum that your parents are coming, right and also excited about godh barai? "
Harkha replies, " Yes"
Maham to spice up continues, " And that too it's your first child, everyone from the kingdom will attend it.... And make it a big event.... And u can also see all your relatives.... And most importantly your parents will bring gifts to u which will be very costly too, right ? "
Ruqaiya and salima noticed maham highlighting the parents matter.... But did not say a thing....
Harkha smirks and replies, " Why not maham.... We are rajputs and my parents will definitely bring me expensive gifts.... And i am not an ORPHAN like someone else to enjoy all the luxury in the sasural itself.... I have a class-"
The emperor and others were shocked and they whom she was refering to.....
Ruqaiya maintained a calm face and the emperor boiled up....
" Whom are u talking about harkha? " He asked standing up....
Harkha replies, " I was telling in common shehensha "

Everyone stood from their places.....
Before the emperor could speak.... Ruqaiya says, " Jalal! "
And he looks at her and she nods in a no... He says, " But-"
She says, " Tomorrow is a big day for her.... Let her be happy "
Harkha says, " Ruqaiya begum.... If shehensha wants to talk with me he ll talk.... Who are u to intervene between? "
The emperor widens his eyes at harkha....
" Will u plz stop it! "
" But shehensha-"
" I said be quiet.... Aap ko kya laga.... Aap yese bakwaas baat karenge aur hum aapko sunte rahe.... "
She was shocked so was everyone...
Ruqaiya says, " Jalal.... Jaane dijiye "
The emperor says, " Tum chup ho jao.... U keep supporting others and see what happens! "
He continues, " Aur jahan tak baat ruqaiya begum ki hai.... Woh humare sabse khaas dost hai...she has every right to intervene between me and my begums.... U understand that first! "
He storms out of the place leaving a fuming harkha behind.... Hamida leaves the place with salima....
Ruqaiya stands there wid the baby....
Harkha says, " U got what u wished for right,Ruqaiya? ".
Ruqaiya says, " U are misunderstanding everything u see harkha begum.... I wish u only good, why can't you see that. "
Harka replies, "do you think I am Shehenshah to believe whatever you tell, I know who really you are! don't play games with me! Aur jahan tak baat Meri bezzati Ki Hai aapko uske liye jawab milega, aur Waqt Aane per tum pachtaoge itna pachtaoge ki tum zinda Nahin Rah paoge"
Ruqaiya replies, "who lives and dies is not in our hands.... It's God's plan..... And let's see... Who ll regret and who ll not"
Harkha says, " Love is everything to u right? If I took shehensha's love for you.... If  he doesn't love u.... U ll live but like a corpse..... And that day is not far"

Harkha leaves that place followed by smirking maham..... Ruqaiya looks at her disappearing figure and then looks at the baby.... " Maham has poisoned her mind this much...... That hatred will seal her heart with revenge.... With no way for love.... My good Lord, what u have in store for me? "

So guys how was the chapter?how did you like the story moving forward?
if you like the chapter please do vote it and tell your review in the comment section as they are valuable to me....
How is ruqaiya's journey shape?

Until then,
Always❤