chapter 13: CONSPIRACY

After the morning prayers, the family gathered for breakfast along with their rajput guests.....
Hamida asks dadisa, " When r u planning the ceremony for harkha begum? "
She replies, " There is a famous astrologer in the nearby village, we have given him invitation to come here, once he arrives, the date will be fixed, your highness! "
And like that talk goes on.... In between these talks ruqaiya and jalal stole glances at each other..... And as usual harkha and maham this time maasi too burned.....

After completing her duties, ruqaiya went to hamida to discuss about mirza's marriage.....
She says, " Ammi, aapka kya khayal hai? "
Hamida replies, " That's a very good idea! Even though his mother is not among us today, he considers me like his own.... And i think it would be good for him"
Ruqaiya says, " Then I will write him a letter today itself... "
She continues, " Ammi aur ek baat karni thi-"
The emperor comes along with shariffudin.... They both get up from their places in respect.... Then they are seated....
Shehensha asks, " Kya baatein chal rahi hai maa aur beti ke beech! "
Ruqaiya replies, " It's good that u two came along... I was about to talk to ammi about the naamkaran ceremony of your baby( looking at shariffudin)"
He replies, " Oh... I was thinking about it too.. "
Shehensha says, " The coming jummah(Friday ) we shall keep it... Aapka kya khayal hai ammi? "
Hamida replies, " Jaise aapki marzi shehensha! "
He looks at shariffudin, " I don't have a problem my king"
Ruqaiya says, " Phir teek hai... I will prepare everything...."

Ruqaiya and the emperor went together to their chamber.... On their way, shivani appeared.....
" Pranap jija ji, mallika-e-hind! "
They both nod....
Shivani says, " Actually I went to your chamber bit u weren't there... So i was searching you... "
Ruqaiya says, " Oh.... Is there anything important? "
She replies, " No no... Just like yesterday... I came to you.. "
The emperor understands and says, " You both carry on... I have some important work... "
He leaves from there...
Then they both head to ruqaiya's chamber....
They both talked for a long time and in the meantime ruqaiya wrote her letter for mirza hakim and sent it too....

It was evening and ruqaiya was not feeling really well... She was anxious about something.... Then, moti comes in asking if she needed anything.... But looking at her she asks, " Are u ok begum sahiba! "
Ruqaiya says, " Yes... Ahmmm.... No I think"
She replies, " Shall I call hakima begum sahiba? "
Ruqaiya says, " No... My health is good... But my heart is restless... "
Moti says, " Then shall I call the emperor? "
She says, " No he said he is going to meet harkha begum... Don't disturb him.. "
After sometime. She asks, " Accha... Moti.... Where is the baby? I have not seen her from afternoon? "
Moti replies, " She is with the princess begum sahiba, gul is also with them"
Ruqaiya nods and says, " Then I will go and have a look myself.... If she is doing fine or not"
When they both reached bakshi's chamber, they saw gul lying outside the door.... Moti wakes her up, " Gul! Gu)! What happened? Why are u sleeping here? "
But no response. Ruqaiya took a glass of water from the nearby pot and sprinkled some in her face... Gul came back to her senses.
Ruqaiya says, " Yeh kya hai gul-e-rana?! Tum yesa beech rasste pe kyun sorahi hai? "
Gul stands up and rubs her eyes, " Begum sahiba.... I took the baby and came here.... The princess was feeding her and i came out to have my lunch.... After that, what happened? I can't remember! " She told by scratching her head.....
Ruqaiya was confused and they all hear the sound of crying baby.... She storms inside the chamber.....
Only to witness bakshi in a deep slumber and the baby was in the edge of the bed crying....
Ruqaiya's eyes widened by the sight... She runs to the baby and takes it in her arms and hugs the baby...
" What is happening here? " She shouts at the maids.....
She tries to wake up the princess, but no response.... She says, " Moti, bring some water and sprinkle on her face! "
After that bakshi opens her eyes, rubbing her head, " Ahhh! My head is spinning! "

Ruqaiya comes near her, " Bakshi! What happened? How did u faint? "
She replies, " Bhabhi! I-I ate lunch and was playing with the baby.... Then..... Then I don't remember! " And she in the drowsy state..... Again fainted....