Chapter 4: The loss is HER gain🖤

she looked at the direction and walked towards the door......when she came out moti bai runs to her saying,"begum sahiba,nazia begum has gone into labor in the early hours itself....the midwife is trying her level best...." hearing this she keeps her hand in her chest nd runs towards the chamber.....

every begum gathered to witness what would happen to this woman this time......harkha and maham came there together and saw an anxious ruqaiya walking to and fro.....maham asked,"mallika-e-hind,why are you looking so stressed?" she looks at her midway......replying,"kyunki andhar hamara dost hai maham...." she continues her walk.....

harkha says,"see how rude she is.....don't know what everyone sees in her..." maham actions her to be quiet...then shariffudeen too came along with the emperor......just then the cry of the baby was heard......the voice echoed in the walls of harem.....even bakshi heard it who was inside her chamber......

ruqaiya's happiness knew no bounds and she jumped in her place......then the midwife came out with the baby announcing,"congratulations,its a baby girl" everyone's face looked happy.....when she was about to hand her to shariffudeen he says,"stop....[everyone looks at his direction] if the child is alive today then its because of ruqaiya begum.....so the right to hold the baby first goes to her,..." everybody talks among themselves......the emperor smiles towards him....

ruqaiya looks at the emperor who nods at him......the midwife hands over the baby to her....when ruqaiya feels the baby in her hands her eyes were filled with tears along with a smile in her already glowing face......she says,"masha allah, shariffuddin saab, lucky are those whose first child is a girl.....you are a lucky man who have got the most beautiful angel as your daughter...."she then orders to give charity to the people on her behalf.....she plants a kiss on her forehead.....and then everyone takes it....

she asks the midwife about nazia to which she replies that she is not well.......ruqaiya goes inside followed by others......nazia is sleeping after the delivery as she was tired.....she opened her eyes and saw the queen sitting by her side......she starts,"u remember the promise ruqaiya begum?" to which she simply nods......she continues,"i think now its time to fulfill it...."

ruqaiya says,"don't talk like that,u ll be alright"

nazia has difficulty in breathing and was not able to talk......everyone panicked......shariffudden came to her other side........he says, "nazia.....stay strong" he cries unable to finish the sentence.......she holds his hand tightly......she says,"i think fate has sealed the last time of us being together.....i will always love u......know that" he keeps his forehead near her hand and cries...her conditions worsens and ruqaiya looks at the midwife with hope only to get a negative response from her.....

nazia forwards her hand,"promise me.....that u ll not let my child feel the absence of a mother"

ruqaiya breaks down crying,"i-....i promise u i ll take good care of her......she is my child from now onwards..."keeping her hand in hers she too cries..... nazia smiles through her tears and her eyes fall on her baby which a begum was holding......ruqaiya who sees that asks the begum to bring the baby near......and holds it in her hand showing it to nazia,"yeh dekho......aapki beti....."and she talks to the baby tooo showing her mother,"ap bhi dekho ammi ko"....

nazia keeps her hand above ruqaiya's in which she was holding the baby, saying to her husband...."look at it my lord......my symbol of love..."with that her hand fell down nd she slept permanently.......all are shocked and shariffuddin cries hugging her and ruqaiya just looks through her tears seeing both the mother and the baby alternatively......the emperor keeps a hand on her shoulder and she hugs him with her other hand as if it was what she needed at the hour.....

The news about nazia spreaded throughout the country..... Some pitied for her child..... Some gossiped what would be the state of the emperor if something like this happens again.....

*in ruqaiya's chamber*
She raised her hands in dua, " Oh my god! U always know what to give your subjects... Plz make my way clear..... So that i can raise this beautiful child and live up to nazia's expectations "
The baby cried and she took it in her hands and tried to make her quiet....
Gul came in, " Begum sahiba i think the child is hungry.. "
Ruqaiya says, " Ya Allah! What willl i do now.... Gul I don't know what u ll do.... But find her a milk mother.... Go"
She again is trying hard to make her quiet with tears in her eyes....

The cry of the baby was heard everywhere with increasing intensity.... Salima comes to her, " Ruqaiya kya huwa? Why is the baby crying? "
"Salima begum I think she is hungry.... And i sent gul to find a milk mother..." She said hushing the baby.....
Salima says, " Achanak kaha milenga..... U give to me i ll try"
Ruqaiya handed over the baby and it was salima's turn.....

The cry of baby echoed in the walls of harem.... Then there was a dark chamber where a maiden was sitting and crying with her head facing the floor.... She heard the cry of the baby..... " Mera bacha! " She exclaimed...... And ran towards the direction of the baby.....

And at last she was there in front of ruqaiya and salima who was trying thier level best....she says, " Mera bacha... " Ans started to cry and that's when they both look in her direction..... And is confused and shocked at the same time......!

So who do you think is the woman..... And what story will unfold in the upcoming chapters?? Guess it and let me know it.....
Give your reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me....

Until then,
Always❤