chapter 18: THE PLAN 2

It was heavily raining outside with thunder and lightning..... It was midnight....
* in ruqaiya's chamber*
She fell into deep slumber even without changing her muddy dress..... The chamber was dark.... She moved in her sleep ,screaming "NO! PLEASE!! "
Salima who was sitting in the nearby couch came running towards her.....
She says, " Ruqaiya-"
Ruqaiya opens her eyes.....
" Someone was there!! " She says heavily breathing....
Salima says, " Where? What are u talking about? "
She replies, " I saw -"
Ruqaiya faints......

Salima is left clueless 'what ruqaiya was talking about? ' was the only question ringing in her mind.....
She comes outside asking moti, " Where is shehensha? "
Moti says, " He is in his chamber.... "
Salima says, " Ok. I will go meet him and come... You take care of ruqaiya! "
Moti again interrupted, " But begum sahiba, harkha begum is also with him! "
Salima looks on....

* some hours ago*
The emperor carried ruqaiya to the chamber,in his arms as she fainted in the graveyard.....
He and salima were talking, when a maid of harkha begum enters saying that her health is not good and she wants to meet him....
The emperor sighs....
Salima says, "I ll take care of ruqaiya shehensha, u also have other responsibilities right? "
He says, " Mmm.... I promise I ll try to come back to her soon! "
He glances at ruqaiya who was lying in the bed unconscious.....
*flashback ends*

* emperor's chamber*
He was pissed by harkha's continuous talking about her and her baby.....
He had to bear all these as she was pregnant..... Finally she slept and he sneaked out of the chamber after sometime.....
He went to meet her, but she was in deep sleep..... He sat next to her intertwining his finger with hers.... He felt sad as he was helpless now......
After sometime, the azaan for the morning prayers were heard and he went to offer his prayers.....

The rays of sun hit her beautiful face, that was red and swollen.... She woke up with a jerk.... She thinks of what all happened until the present minute... She feels her head to be heavy and holds it....
She screams, " Aah! "
Salima comes in.....
She says, " Ruqaiya, how are you now? "
She sits next to her....
Ruqaiya hugs her....
Ruqaiya says, " Salima begum, I think this wasn't an accident! "
Salima breaks the hug, " What! You mean you Fallin down wasn't an accident? "
Ruqaiya nods in a positive direction...
The emperor enters the scene, " Ruqaiya! You are awake! How are u feeling now? "
He ran towards her...
Salima stood and moved out from the way.... He took ruqaiya in a bone crashing hug and she too reciprocated.....
He asks, " How are u feeling now? "
She says, " I am good now! "
She looks at salima who nods in a negative direction at response....
He left after sometime, telling them he ll return soon...

Ruqaiya says to salima, " There was someone there.... Someone pushed me through the stairs shehensha.... But before looking back my vision blurred! "
She asks, " Who was that? "
She replies, " I did not look at the face, but -

*rewind to the day before*
When she was getting down someone pushed her from back, ruqaiya fell down with her hands facing the ground....
She saw someone wearing a black shawl in the sword's reflection, that fell from her hand....
* present day*
Salima says, " Ruqaiya! Even if we tell this to shehensha.... How will you find who was behind all these? "
Ruqaiya looks at her, " I don't know "
She hugs salima....
Salima says, " Now listen.... We ll find out and then tell him... "
She nods in response......

READ THE NEXT PART TOO😅