chapter 8: backfired

Ruqaiya and jalal ran towards harkha's chamber and when they entered they saw harkha lying unconscious in the bed, near her was the hakkima sahiba treating her..... At the centre was maham who was scolding a group of maids who had their head down.....
The emperor asks, " Badi ammi.... What happened to harkha? "
Both of them were tensed.... Hamida and salima too come there and asks the same...
Maham asks the maids to move aside.... And all the four witness a corpse of another maid, an arrow had hit her to death.....
Everyone is shocked....
Ruqaiya says, " For God's sake... Tell us something maham! "
Maham starts, "shehensha, when I heard u scolded begum harkha.... I came to her to console her, as she should not be sad during this time.... When I came in.... "
*flashback starts*
Harkha stands in the front of her bed facing the wall.... And crying.
Maham says, " Harkha begum u should think wisely before speaking and now u r here in this state "
Harkha was continuously crying and speaks, " He could atleast talk to me personally... How can he favour her....? "
Suddenly her feet slips due to water spilled there.... And she she bends down but maham catches her at the right time and an arrow, in a blink of eye came from the inside of the chamber and hit the maid who was standing behind harkha..... Harkha was shocked and faints.....
* flashback ends*

Everyone were confused what might have happened..... The emperor called every soldiers and asked them to check the harem....
Maham showed the direction of the arrow entry to salima begum and enacted when she asked more doubts.....
Harkha wakes up, and she sees around her and cries, the emperor came near her and she hugged him and like that he sat in the bed.... She clenched his sherwani so tight that the emperor thought she was scared very much to the core.....
He starts, " Harkha begum, kuch nahi huwa hai aapko.... I will find the one behind this incident.... Who dared to do this"
He spoke to her in consoling words and then she becomes calm....
She replies, " Shehensha, whatever happens to me i don't care.... But if something happens to the heir of the throne.... I can't imagine" And she cries again holding her bump..... ( when she says the word heir, he looks at ruqaiya who eyes him a " No")....
Then everyone talked the possible ways to take measures..... And the corpse was removed from there.....
Amid the chaos, ruqaiya saw a reflection of light from the inner side of the chamber from where the arrow came, and when she moved towards it, a hand stopped her.....
She turns and sees him.... She sighs a relief....
He says, " It's dark here, and u came here just like that, what if something happens"
She replies " U r worrying without a reason jalal, if maham came and saw here at that time itself then we could have found the culprit.... "
He nods and takes her out with him.... He was holding her by shoulder.... Maham and harkha looks at them and they both eyed each other.....
Harkha starts, " Ammijaan, u ll give if I ask u anything, right? "
Hamida was sitting near her.... Her question made everyone including the love birds looking at her direction....
Hamida says, " Haan beta.... Wish for anything "
She replies, " I don't feel safe if I am here, I ll just move to some other chamber.... "
Ruqaiya looks at jalal.... He is amused....
Maham interferes, " Harkha begum the guest chambers are somewhat far away from the begum's..... Where will u stay in this condition? "
Harkha replies, "I don't know... But if it is near the emperor's chamber then I would feel secure, as I can reach him easily"
Salima understood what was harkha trying to say.... As the closest chamber to the emperor is that of ruqaiya's.....
The emperor frowned at her request.... And started to think.....
Hamida says, " Beta, if we do as u say, then u want to shift someone else's chamber.... If so who? "
Maham says, " Harkha begum, what r u speaking.... Then u mean you want to be in ruqaiya begum's chamber?.... (Everyone looks at her) ahm... Because that's the closest chamber with the emperor's"
Hamida says, " No maham.... I can't do such a thing.... But it's a matter of concern for harkha and her baby.... So i think she would better stay with me.... What is ur say, jalal? "
The emperor too agrees, " U r right ammi.... I can't compromise any of these woman's safety.... So i think it's a good idea.... "
Harkha shows her eyes to maham to do something as their plan backfired.....

Salima who notices it comes up with an idea.... " Shehensha, someone tried to attack harkha begum, and hereafter ammijaan will look after her..... So rest assured..... And also u had increased the security in harem for everyone else too.... Then what measures will we take for ruqaiya begum's safety? "
Harkha widens her eyes....
Maham smiles and says, " Begum salima.... What measures about begum ruqaiya.... She is not attacked, right? "
The emperor looks at ruqaiya.... She says, " Haan salima begum, hum bilkul teek hain.... What measures are u talking about? "
Salima replies, " Arey, everyone know about politics.... Shehensha by attacking harkha today, the culprits would think now your whole attention will be in her.... In the meantime, if someone attacks ruqaiya.... Allah naa karen yesa kuch ho"
The emperor realises, " Haan aap bilkul sahi baat kar rahi hain.... I can't let this happen to her" And he becomes restless....
Hamida too thinks about it and agrees with them.....
Harkha and maham was not able to breathe out a word as their planning is crashing under their nose....
Ruqaiya looks at the dynamics and eyes salima and she simply winks at her and ruqaiya widens her eyes knowing that salima is playing along....
The emperor says, " Ok.... Harkha begum will be staying with ammi.... So she ll be safe than being alone..... Then, ruqaiya can come and stay along with me in my chamber... As there will be stronger protection there.... What is ur take ammi? "
Hamida smiles, " It's a very good one jalal.... Mujhe ittefaq nahi hai"
He looks at salima, "salima begum? "
She smiles too and nods her head....
He turned towards her at last, " Kya aap rahenge humare saath, hamaare kwabgah mein? "
She thinks for a while and smiles, hold his hand....
He tightens the grip....
Hamida says, " Chalo harkha beta... We ll go to my chamber.... The maids will take the necessary things... "
And with that hamida took harkha along and salima too helped them....
Maham looks at ruqaiya and in all anger and storms out of there.....

*in emperor's chamber*
The emperor and ruqaiya still holding hands, she snapped her fingers in front of him....
" Where r u lost? "
He says, " Woh waqt yaad aagaya... "
She asks, " Konsa? "
He smiles, " When I was married to u alone.... We used to be in a single chamber..... "
Her eyes became gloomy and she looked down to hide her tears....
" If someone, asks in which time of my life I was the happiest, then that would that time"
He noticed the voice breaking and felt guilty as it was not in his hands to stop that from happening....
She continues, " Meri zindagi ki hassen waqt tha.! "
He was about to speak, she says, " Don't tell anything jalal... I know what u will say.... And u know my reply too"
She laid her head in his chest closing her eyes, a tear escaped her eyes...

This was one thing which he cannot change by any means, he loved everyone equally but she was close to him.... Something that he liked in her.... But did not able to express what it is...... She did everything for him only for the love with which her heart is burning even today.....

Guys, how did u liked the chapter.... How is the story going forward? Do tell ur reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me.... Of u like the chapter plz do vote it.... And stay tuned...

Until then,
Always❤