chapter 14: PLOTTING

The troops were ready to depart.... After the morning prayers, before sunrise Everyone came together to send them off including the rajput guests except their queen.....

She was in deep slumber in her chamber.... She moves in her sleep suddenly screaming, 'No! ' ' don't take her away'!! Gul comes running towards her queen, " Begum sahiba! Kya huwa aapko? "
She opens her eyes and gets up with a jolt.... Heavily breathing with sweat all over her face, keeps her hand in her bump, and caresses it.....
Gul asked, " Are u ok begum sahiba? You were screaming in your sleep"
Ruqaiya says, " Bura khwaab tha! "
She wipes her face with her dupatta and asks, " The troops? "
Gul nods her head in positive direction...

She gets ready for the day and heads to the meeting room where she meets atha khan to discuss Safety of the fort because of war....

She returns to salima's chamber..... In midst of their conversation, shivani joins them......
Shivani says, " I thought that i will come here, stay with jiji sa and enjoy myself.... But i did not expect that there will be a war like this... "
Salima says, " Ahaan.... Shivani you are also gonna become a queen right? Then, take it as an experience...! As far as war is concerned, this is just a small one and shehensha will return back with victory! "
Ruqaiya seemed to be lost the whole time... Shivani looks at her.... " Mallika-e-hind! U were not present today morning near the gate... To send off the king? "
Ruqaiya and salima smile looking at each other. Salima says, " Ruqaiya is always like that... She will not meet shehensha if he goes to war... "
Shivani raises her brows, " What? But why? "
Ruqaiya smiles and says, " Kisine humse yeh sawaal pucha nahi... Aap puch rahi hain isiliye bataati hoon! Whenever shehensha goes to war, like every other wife I will be too scared, that i might not see him afterwards "
Shivani interrupted, " Then you should have seen him right? May God protect us, What if it was the last time?! "
Ruqaiya looked at her.... She replied, "that can't happen.... Since he did not meet me before going, He will definitely come back to me after winning the war..... It's just our thing! "
Shivani opened her mouth in awe!
She thought to herself, ' what a lady is she! And there they are plotting against her! '

*in harkha's chamber*
It was evening, the visit of astrologer was postponed due to the war, and everyone was praying before the idol.
Harkha was restless, " I don't how shehensha will be now, did he eat anything or not, my Lord! Protect my king and this kingdom! "
Yashomati says, " Don't worry harkha, your husband will return with victory.... Now you have been sitting there for half a day now! Come and take some rest... And have some food! "
Harkha says, " Nahi maasi..... Until no news comes about the outcome of war.... I will not eat anything.... "
Daadi says, " Harkha beta! You are with a child.... And it's best for you to have something.... Even shehensha would want that....! "
After so much hesitation, harkha had her food and laid on bed.... Maham was looking atthe drama and sighed....

It was night and the women of harem received news that the king has initiated the attack on enemy's camp..... Everyone were restless...
Ruqaiya was walking to and fro in her chamber.... " Ya allah! Ease my heart.... I am not feeling right! "
She goes out....
*in bakshi's chamber*
Bakshi was breathing and still unconscious.... The maids near her went out for some work and a guy enters from nowhere in the dark with a sharp dagger.... He takes it towards her, when he raises it in air to kill her, a spear hits him. He falls on the ground wounded and looks at the direction to see ruqaiya standing there....
She comes running with sweat all over her face... " Bakshi! Oh my god! " Seeing she was not harmed...
She keeps the same dagger on his throat, " Whom do you work for? How dare you attack a princess? "Her red eyes we're burning with rage which was visible to him....
He whines in pain, " It's- an order- to kill everyone in the palace tonight, because shehensha is away in war.... Aah! "
She tightens her grip, " What!? Who told you so?? How many of you had come? "
He laughs, " Maharaj ki jai ho" He vomits blood and dies there..... She understands that he might have taken poison beforehand.....
Ruqaiya was clueless....
'What's happening? ' ' who is maharaja? 'his voice echoed in her head.... She realises, " Ok it might be maharaja vikramaditya.... He should have planned this attack... Oh my god! Everyone should be safeguarded! "
She runs out to atga khan and tells him about what's happening.... Together they devise a plan to safeguard harem....
As per her plan, all the women were shifted to guest chambers.... And soldiers were sent to the actual ones.....
With all the crowd inside a big chamber, Harkha begum was irritated and starts a drama, " What does this ruqaiya begum think of herself? If shehensha is not here then she ll do such antics? "
Yashomati supported her....
Hamida and salima were pissed.
Hamida says, " Harkha bai, if ruqaiya does something like this, then there would definitely be a reason to do so... "
Harkha says, " You support her like this everytime ammijaan that's why she does all this! "
Ruqaiya comes with atga khan. And the soldiers were all around the chamber....
Salima asks, " Ruqaiya begum hya huwa? Yeh sab kuch achanak? "
Ruqaiya explains what happened, " Ammijaan i think they might attack from inside tooo.... So i had to do this! "
Hamida understands the situation and nods in a yes....
Harkha interrupted, " So you had put us all in a single chamber ruqaiya, u can't come up with a better plan? " And like that she blabbers her heart out....
Ruqaiya shows her hand to her, " Aap apna muh band kar sakte hain harkha begum? "
She gets angry, " How can u talk like that to me? Firstly without my permission how can you make such plans.... Harem is under my control, right? "
Ruqaiya boiled with anger, " Pehle baat harkha begum, u also cannot talk to me in this tone... You don't have any right to question my decision here.... Aur rahe baat ijazat ki, kya aap bhul gaye ki uss din shehensha ne kya kaha? Aap sirf iss harem ki pehredaar hai.... Aur koi bhi faisla hum le sakte hain... Kyunki yeh harem MERA hai! "
Moti bai brought water for harkha and kept her hand on her shoulder, " Harkha-! "
Harkha shouts shrugging her hand away, " Kya tumhari hesiyat bhul rahi ho moti...! Maraim-uz-zamani ko hath kese lagaya tum!? " She raises her hand to slap her..... Ruqaiya stops in the right time.....
Ruqaiya says, " Aawaz neeche harkha begum! Aap mere kaneez pe haath uta nahi sakthe! "
Harkha says, " Tum hothe kon ho mujhe rukne wali? "
Ruqaiya smirks and says, " Padshahi begum hoon.... I can stop the hands of oppressor like this.... If needed, also their breath! "

Guys, how is the story going forward? What will happen next? If u like the chapter plz do like it and tell your reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me.....
Stay tuned for the upcoming twist!!

Until then,
Always❤