chapter 2: A LOSS🥺

As soon as they heard that bakshi bano had gone into labour they headed to her chamber.....on their way salima too joined them.......when they entered her chamber the maids were running here and there while bakshi was in the giant bed which was in the middle of the chamber.....she clenched her one hand onto the bedsheet and other in the lap of hamida bano who was sitting there.......she was crying loudly in pain so as the entire fort was alerted.....her husband is not visible in the scene itself as he had gone to the city because of some work.....

Jalal says,"bakshi!!....." his eyes were filled with tears....he looked at his mother who too cried....

Bakshi after seeing her brother and his wives,"bhaijaan! kuch karein.....i am not able to bear this pain...."

The emperor is panicked,"someone call the midwife soon.....can't u see she is in so much pain..."

Salima after observing what's happening says,"shehensha....this is what a woman has to go through when she is in labor........and the midwife is on her way......"

When bakshi's eyes landed on ruqaiya,she forwards her hand to her saying,"i need a promise from you"she screams.....ruqaiya says,"we ll talk about it later....u r in pain.."...

"if not now then never ......if something happens to me bhabhi....i want u to take care of my child....." she cried......ruqaiya's eyes were too gloomy and unable to express her happiness at the same time feeling bad for bakshi's helplessness......ruqaiya replies,"we ll not need that......because you ll be there seeing ur child grow into a beautiful human!" 

 The emperor coundn't stop crying he was frightened by the scene.....harkha begum and the midwife enetered at the  same time ......

Harkha says,"what happened to bakshi...is she alright?"

Ruqaiya says,"she is in labor harkha begum...." but harkha does not respond anything to her reply.....salima witnessed what just happened and looked at ruqaiya who nodded in a no......

The midwife asks everyone to be outside......but the emperor is not willing to come from her side.....harkha  says,"shehensha.....we have to leave now....so that bakshi can give birth.."

The emperor shuns her away saying,"what are u telling harkha.....u can see her in so much pain....how can i leave her in this condition"harkha moved back thinking if her husband had gone mad.....

Hamida too tells but still no response....ruqaiya comes forward and makes him face her," jalal.....u are not able see her in soo much pain,right?" he nods in a yes...."then if u allow and get out from here the midwife can relieve her from this pain.......once she gives birth.....her pain too will vanish.....trust me" he looked at both women...and nodded nd left her side....

Salima and hamida smiled at  the scene while harkha boiled in anger and jealousy....then she grabbed his hand as if taking him outside.....ruqaiya thought,"yeh aurat bhi..." when she was about to go out bakshi grabbed her hand,"bhabijaan.......i want you to be my side in this"....ruqaiya's eyes were filled with tears....she keeps her hand above hers and says,"sure"

She stays back with salima on one side and she on the other side holding her hands.....

Outside the chamber the emperor walked to and fro while harkha stood there looking at him vaguely without even a feeling of worry......maham anga came there,"jalal.....what happened.....how is bakshi now?"...harkha replies,"bakshi had gone into labour maham.....she is in and the midwife is attending her...."

Maham nods her head....the emperor suddenly hugs her and cries.....she pats his back saying nothing will happen to his sister....then he composes himself....all three were standing outside....