chapter 11: SAME BUT DIFFERENT

After the tireful day, everyone retired to their chambers for a peaceful sleep....
Harkha went too late to bed after meeting maham, hamida noticed it but did not say anything.....
* in emperor's chamber *
Ruqaiya slept in the embrace of her husband after a long time with her baby in the cradle......
Someone enters the room in the dark, with a shawl wrapped around covering their face..... The shadow falls on the cradle and ruqaiya moves in her sleep.... And the baby starts to cry....
She woke up to find no one..... And she made the baby sleep again..... Thinking all of a sudden why she cried and she dozed off to sleep.....

After offering the morning prayers, everyone got ready early than their normal days......
When the emperor came back all ready to take his queen to the welcoming ceremony, he finds her still sleeping....
He thinks, ' what happened to her'
He wakes her up, " Ruqaiya! "
She sleeps with her shawl covering her face
He looks at her sleeping with her head covered with the dupatta...
He takes one layer of the shawl, and her face is visible as he can see through it....
He calls, " Ruqaiya! " Softly.
She opens her eyes slowlyand smiles at him... He takes the dupatta fully to have a clear look at her beautiful face...
She again dozes.... He says, " Kya bachpana hai.... Wake up now.... The guests would arrive anytime soon! "
He sits near her....
She wakes up and sits comfortably in the bed. ..
She says, " I don't know why... But I feel very tired jalal"
He replies keeping his hands on the baby bump, " Are u ok? "
She smiles, " I m okay... This is a normal thing in pregnancy"
He says, "ok... But u have to come.... As along with rajputs, ministers from other kingdom are also coming for the annual meeting"
She says, " Ok I will get ready then! "
When she was about to get down, he keeps his hand in the way..... She raised her eyebrows to him...... And that was a great morning for him😉

The arrival of guest were informed to everyone with the blow of trumpet and drums...... Everyone gathered in front of harem gates..... Harkha was in middle with an aarthi ka thaal in her hand.... Near her was maham anga.... And on the other side hamida and salima.....
Every women of harem including the maids came out to take a look at their rajput guests as no one had seen them before.....
There were two major palanquins and many smaller ones.....
From the two big ones, an elderly woman and a lady in her mid 40s got down..... And from the other a sweet young girl in her teenage got down with her other friends.....
The guests came near them, harkha went forward to touch the feet of the old lady.... She says, " Pranap daadisa! "
Dadisa replies, " Harkha! The Apple of my eye! Your place in not near my feet.... But in my heart! "
They both hug each other and cry.... Likewise she does with the young girl and the lady accompanied.....
They greet maham , hamida and salima too with pranap....
Harkha turns to hamida and says,  "Ammijaan! You know my sister shivani, she was engaged half  a year back.... We all went there too.... "
Hamida says, " Yes.... I remember well"
Harkha continues, " But you don't know her.... ( taking the hands of the woman who accompanied dadisa) she is yashomati bai! My maasi.... She was not able to come that day"
They both smile at each other. ... Salima suspects something fishy....
Maasi asks, " Arey harkha! Where is your husband? I am coming first time to ur home.... Nd u r welcoming me alone.... "
Harkha looks here and there and says, " Woh-"
The guard announced the lovely couple's arrival and they walked through the corridors hand in hand as she was not well.... He gave his one hand to her and other encircled her....
Maasi and others were uncomfortable withe sight.... And harkha's grounds broke..... They saw her with empathy....
Maasi tells silently to her, " Yeh kyaa ho raha hai.... Jamaisa atleast should come with you before your family..."
Harkha says, " That's why I called u too here.... So that I could do something.... "
She asks, " Who is sheby the way? "

The emperor says, " Adhaab! Welcome to agra! "
Ruqaiya says, " Adhaab! "
Dadisa asks, " Pranap! Who is she shehensha? "
The emperor says, " Haan.... Aapko nahi pata hai na.... Yeh humara pehla begum, khaas dost aur hind ke mallika, Ruqaiya begum! "
They were amused as they only heard of her not seen her. . ..
Ruqaiya simply smiles to them...
Harkha changes the topic, " Accha... Now u ppl come let's go in"
They were moving but shehensha and ruqaiya went to the opposite direction.... Hamida asks, " Where are u taking her? "
He replies, " Woh ammi.... Some guests from kabul had come to meet us... We are leaving to the meeting room"
Hamida says, " Ok... But in this condition she needs to rest"
He says, " She felt nauseous and bored.... So i am taking her too"
She smiled....

All these were noticed by maasi and harkha who were left behind.... They both look at each other....

When they were reaching the meeting room.... Ruqaiya says, " U should have stood with her before her maayka"
He replies, " I would have.... If she did not talk to u like that yesterday "
She gets sad.
He says, " Now u don't spoil my mood"
He smiles and keeps his hand on her head and she too smiles.

*in meeting room*
There was a province in kabul which was not under mughals.... The king passed away due to old age leaving behind no heir....
The minister says, " Shehensha, the king do not have any sons but only a single daughter"
They were deducing a way to take the kingdom...
Ruqaiya got an idea, " Shehensha! We can't wage a war against them as they are weak.... But we shall get the kingdom by forwarding a proposal! "
He asks, " What kind of proposal? "
She replies, " A marriage proposal "
He was confused, " How can we take a marriage proposal? "
She says, " Why not? "
Atha khan says, " We cannot take it... Because already some kings have tried... But they disagreed to marry her off to already married man! "
Ruqaiya sighs, " Shehensha.... We ll take the proposal.... But not for you! "
The men intheroom looked at her direction.....
Shehensha asks, " Then for whom.... So that this will be under my jurisdiction "
She smiles and replies, " For mirza Hakim! Your brother! "
They all thought about it...
The ministers said, " Subhanallah! "
Atga  says, " That's a great idea.... "
The emperor smiles, " That was a wonderful idea... "
She replies, " If it's a yes... Then I ll write for mirza hakim to come to agra as soon as possible"
He agreed and nodded his head to her...
They look on....

So guys,  how is the story going forward? If u like the chapter, plz do vote it and tell ur reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me....
What do you think will happen next in the story?

Until then,
Always❤