chapter 20: LUCK OR MORE THAN THAT?

Salima follows ruqaiya to her chamber.... Hamida too comes later.....
Salima was furious, " I ll tell what all happened there to shehensha.... Then only yashomati will get her senses back! "
Hamida with concern in her eyes, " Salima begum leave it.... We all know what kind of woman she is.... By telling all these why to ruin harkha begum's special day.... U see she is carrying jalal's child, right? "
They both were facing each other, Ruqaiya was sitting in between them.... All this while she was quiet thinking what all happened.... When she listens to what hamida has to say..... She sensed something different.....
She looks at hamida and understands what her mother is thinking.... After all she also wanted to see grandchildren.....
Ruqaiya says, " Ammi is right, salima begum.... I can't take this matter to shehensha.... "
Hamida sighs, " I know, u will understand " She kisses ruqaiya's forehead and leaves.....
Salima was confused, " Why do i think ammi has changed now, ruqaiya? "
Ruqaiya smiles, " I am too thinking that, maybe the tables have changed...! "
She looks on.....

*in the guest chamber*
Yashomati, harkha, shivani, her mother and dadisa were sitting in front of an idol.... Some rajput women were also accompanying them.....maham anga was standing in the corner of the room...
A priest sits in front of them, takes some cowrie shells in hands and starts to roll them..... (Probably a fortune teller brought by yashomati from her kingdom)
After a long time, he starts, " Your daughter's stars are not at good position now....! "
Rani yashomati and ranisaa are shocked.
Dadisa asks, " What? What can we do for that, swamiji? "
Again he does the same....
He replies, " As long as there is a soul who is jealous around her.... There can be danger to her and the child's life! "
Everyone are in fear.... Harkha cries hearing these....
Ranisaa consoles.... " Tell. Us who is it? "
He nods and his servants bring  a big metal  bowl of water.... He puts something In it and closes his eyes....
Again after sometime... He opens his eyes, " I see that your daughter is not the first wife to her husband! "
Harkha widens her eyes.... As no one has told anything about her till now to him....
Ranisaa says, " How did you know that? "
He smiles and replies, " As long as his first wife is present.... Your daughter cannot have any shanti in her life...! "
Harkha and ranisaa looks at each other....
Shivani thinks, 'what nonsense!? '
Yashomati says, " I told you ranisaa.... That this woman will bring destruction to our daughter.... U did not believe me.... Now look the great swamiji also told that only! "
Maham anga thinks, 'ab toh tum gayi, ruqaiya begum!! '
She too joins them, " How many times have I warned begum harkha about this... But she did not listen to me! "
Dadisaa says, " But what shall we do for this? "
Harkha says, " I didn't know she ll pose a threat to me and my son! "
Yashomati says, " Why are u all panicking? Harkha will become her husband's favorite wife because she ll surely give him a heir.... Now we have to dispose this unlucky woman from her life...! "
Everyone looks on..... Leaving shivani shocked.

Shivani runs to ruqaiya who is in her chamber.....
Ruqaiya says, " Arrey!Shivani kya huwa?"
Shivani looks at her.....

It was midnight, moti was oiling ruqaiya's hair.... She was wearing a white anarkali and a red stole was resting in her shoulders.....
Once completed,
Moti says, " Begum sahiba! If u need anything call me! "
She replies, " Oh sure moti.... Did you have dinner? "
Moti nods in a no.... She says, " Ok.... So u go and eat...! "
She leaves the place and no maid was present outside the chamber...

Here harkha and yashomati came outside the chamber because harkha wanted to get some fresh air....
Yashomati says, " Look who is going in! "
She pointed towards ruqaiya's chamber..... They see mirza hakkim going in.....
Yashomati says, " Why is he going there? That too at this time? "
Harkha says, " Maybe he wanted to talk to her... Maasi.... Ruqaiya begum was the one who played a major role in what he is today.... I heard from maham anga too that ruqaiya shares really a good bond with mirza and bakshi....! "
Yashomati rolls her eyes, " Then, let me play my game then?! "
Harkha widens her eyes....
She replies, " Now go to your husband and bring him to ruqaiya's chamber! "
Harkha looks on.....

*in ruqaiya's chamber*
Ruqaiya was sitting in the same place in front of her dressing table lost on her own thoughts....
A voice came, " May I come in mallika-e-hind? "
She recognized his voice and covered her head with the stole and looked at the entrance....
She smiles, " Mirza hakkim! Come in! "
He too smiles and walks to her..... She stands up and keeps her hand on his head, " Kitne din hogaya hai aapko dek kar! "
He took her hand in his and paid respect by bowing down his head.....
She says, " No no.... Our heads should only bow down before the Lord.... And no one else! "
She says, " Come sit down... "
They both sit in the couch....
She asks, " What will have? Sharbat? "
She starts to pour in a glass....
He says, " No no bhabhi jaan..... I just wanted to talk to you"
She listens, " Yes mirza! I too wanted to talk to you! First you go"
He starts, " Pehle mein maazrat chahta hoon... I was not able to come meet you.... Whatever words  I say will not be enough for you! "
She smiles, " You had thought about me this much.... That's enough for me.... And as far as the pain is concerned.... Ab aadat bangayi meri! "
He says, " But i want you to know one thing.... Whatever happens.... I ll be by your side.... U know that! "
She pats his shoulder.....
He takes a sip in the sharbat....
She starts, " Actually mirza, I had called you to come to agra for a different thing.... But before discussing it with you things have changed.... I want you to marry a princess from kabul "
She explained to him why the king cannot form an alliance and all that....
After keenly listening to her, he says, " Your wish is my command! "
She smiles....
She says, " U don't have to say anything? "
He replies, " Meine kaha na, jaisey aapki marzi... Waise bhi ek maa apni aulad ki behtareen ke liye hi sab kuch karti hai"
Ruqaiya's eyes welled up....
He sees her, " Kya mein kuch galat keh diya kya? "
She replies, " Ji nahi.... "
He says, " You have not only been a bhabhi to me and bakshi, but also a friend, a mother, and a mentor... I will always be grateful to God that he sent you to us"
She replies wiping her tears, " Bas karein shehzada! Mujhe nahi pata aap itne bade hogai hain! "
They both broke into a laugh!
Harkha begum and the emperor enter the scene....

So my dearest readers.... Sorry that i was not able to give you an update as I was busy..... But here it goes......
How was the chapter??
Drop in ur review in the comments section as they are valuable to me.....
What do you think will happen next???

Until then,
Always ❤