chapter 12: QURBAT

The rajput guests were settled in their chambers.... Harkha shifted along with her maasi.... First they all took some rest and a grand lunch was arranged.... Everyone interacted with guests along with the emperor....
It was evening,
* in harkha's chamber*
Maasi was oiling harkha's hair....
Maasi says, " This much happened and u did not write any of these to me... "
Harkha replies, " Maasi, if I had written everything... Then it will not be confidential.... If the letter goes in anyone else hand... Then that will be a threat.... "
She replies, " U too have a point! "
Harkha says, " I am not able to bear her sight now itself.... I will surely be not after the birth of my son too.... She ll be a hurdle for both of us then.... "
Maasi says, " Then what u want to do to her? "
She replies, " To do what I told her... She should be deprived of everything in life, for love, for title "
Maasi says, " After your story it seems that the emperor is deeply in love with her, he also trusts her... If we have to destroy her everything, then our first attack should be on the trust he has for her! "
Harkha says, " Yes. Now tell me, are u with me on this? "
They both look on.....

Near the big fountain ruqaiya and salima were having their routine conversations... Yashomati appearedfrom nowhere... " Pranap... "
They both looked at her direction....
Salima says, " Adhaab! Please have ur seat! "
They both smiled at her...
Ruqaiya asks, "is everything comfortable for you here? "
She says, " Yes yes... "
She asks, " I have not seen you in lunch time also... Did not get a time to talk to you... That's the reason I came here"
Ruqaiya says, " Oh yes... Even I was thinking to pay a visit... But these work keeps me busy.... I did not attend the lunch part because my daughter was not feeling well... "
Maasi says, " Yeah...harkha told me.... Your brother in law's daughter, whom you are fostering!"
Ruqaiya felt it strange, " She is too my daughter.... So please don't tell she is a foster child in front of me again! "
She says, " Oh... I am sorry...! "
Harkha's sister too comes there and talks with the ladies....
The girl grew fond of ruqaiya....
They talk for Some more time...

* in the chamber*
Bakshi came to ruqaiya's chamber to feed the baby.... But she was crying a lot that she was not able to handle....
Gul ran hearing the sound, " What happened shehzadi...? Is everything ok? "
She replies, " I am trying to calm her down for a long time... But she is continuously crying "
Gul says, " I will go call begum sahiba-" She runs outside....
Salima and ruqaiya comes towards the chamber and when they see her....
Salima asks, " What happened? Why are u running like this? "
Gul says, " The baby is crying non stop.... Shehzadi Bakshi is trying hard... "
They both were were worried and run to the chamber.....
Ruqaiya on entering asks, " What happened bakshi? "
She sits in the bed and takes the child in her hands.... And she tries real hard to calm her....
It was midnight and then she slept....
Salima asks, " Why she is this cranky? "
Bakshi says, " She is being cranky a lot nowadays... It had peaked today! "
Bakshi was very tired and eyes were swollen and red.... Ruqaiya noticed it.
Ruqaiya says, " Even she is not sleeping at nights properly.... I think we should call the Royal healer tomorrow "
She looks at bakshi, " Aap khaafi thaki huyi lag rahi hai.... Aaram kijiya"
She nods and leaves...
Salima too returns to her chamber..
Then shivani comes to the chamber again....
She starts, " Hope I did not disturb you! "
Ruqaiya replies, " No... Nothing like that.... In fact I was getting bored here"
Shivani tells, " Yes that's why I felt coming to you... I don't know why but I feel an attachment to you... Like my sister "
She keeps her hands on head, " I am too like your sister... If u have to talk about anything here, then feel free to approach me! "
Like that they talked about their different background, state, and also about the impending marriage of shivani and also some secret talks....

The emperor came after sometime....
He says, " Assalamu alikum begum" Kisses her forehead....
She replies, " Walaikum asalam.... What kept u this much time today? "
He removes his sherwani and speaks to her, " Woh.. That harkha and her family kept me busy.... "
Ruqaiya replies, " Oh... "
The emperor sits near her and takes her hand in his and kisses it....
He asks, " How was your day? "
She tells him how the baby cried and her talk with the rajput princess...
" She became close to me in a short time... "
" Woh toh sab ho jate hain aapse milne ke baad"
" Acha? "
" I am a living example! "
They both laugh.
They both sat on the bed in their light dresses.....
The emperor asks, " What u both talked about? "
Ruqaiya says, " Who? Shivani? "
He nods.
She replies, " She talked to me about her marriage, how she first met her fiance, what was their first talk about, and-"
He raises his brows, " And? "
She replies, " Their first letters and all the lovey dovey talks! "
He widens his eyes, " Oh! Did she say that to u"
She replies, " Yes... But shehensha this is common nowadays I think.... Not like our times! "
He says, " Mm... You are right... "
She looks at him smiling, " You remember the first night that we spent properly as a husband and wife"
He looks at her and smiles, " How can i forget that? "

* flashback starts*
The room was decorated in beautiful flowers....
She was waiting for him and then at last he came....
When he looked at her, he felt different as from this point of time, he would see her in different way....
She was nervous and playing with the edge of her dupatta.... And looking down...
He starts, " Why are u nervous ruqaiya?....mmhm.....The ruqaiya who will look into others eyes and talk courageously, she knows to shy too" He giggled....
Ruqaiya looks into his eyes, and then smiles, " The relationship is like that... Jisse kal tak dost manti thi, woh aaj shohar ban gaya.... "
He sits near her and took her hand in his, " Even though our wedding happened long ago, now we have to live together in this chamber.... We are companions from now onwards.... As your wish, we shall take it slowly"
It started thunderstorm and raining outside....
He continues," What is your feeling regarding me? Do you love me? "
The young ruqaiya exclaimed, " Jalal.... If one asks for anything in the rain, it will be fulfilled... Aao na! "
He widens his eyes, " Now! Ok come"
They both went outside... Since it was raining no one was able to see them.....
Jalal and ruqaiya both raised their hands to their God, wishing for nothing but a lifetime of togetherness ( of course thay have an attraction towards each other)....
When they both finished....
He asks, " What you are standing here itself? No idea to go in? "
She makes some cute faces and says, " Jalal?! Main jab bhi mohabbat ki kahaaniyan padti hoon, usme ek ladki hai jisse tamam rukaawaton ke baat usse uski mehboob mila tha.... Tab woh unke seene pe sar rakh kar sothi thi! "
He realised what she said, he smiled towards her and took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead.... She smiles with tears flowing through her eyes....
They both looked at each other's eye, she replies, " I didn't tell you the story so that u ll kiss me, but I told this to you because even I have a wish to sleep like that.... Kya khayal hai? "
They both laugh....
*flashback ends*
Reminiscing their good old memory they slept with her head in his chest in the Balcony area of their chamber......

Hello guys how u all have been doing?
How is the story going forward? If you like the chapter plz do vote it and tell your reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me.....
What are your thoughts?

Until then,
Always❤