13: A Little Pampering

Katsuki had just finished putting the zuokin he used to clean Izuku's tracks in the dirty laundry basket when he heard his front door open again. There's a huff from carrying something heavy and as he comes downstairs, he sees Kirishima toeing his shoes off before walking to the kitchen with a familiar thick, black, case full of scratches and dirt particles permanently stuck in the indents.

Neither say a word as it's placed onto an empty spot on the counter and clicked open by Kirishima, but he steps away as soon as his hands have gently flipped the lid and placed it on the marble.

Katsuki nods to himself as he steps in front of the container, hands dragging at the sides as his fingers go over the black, fitted foam. Inside lie various things, but three are weapons, cleaned, shined, and newly repaired- if it weren't for the clear marks of abundant use.

An H&K USP semi-automatic pistol was the smallest of the three, black with its matching chamber of bullets placed just underneath the trigger guard. The second lie right above it, long but split into two parts; M4 Carbine, with the pistol grip separated from the handguard and barrel. And the two bullet chambers placed next to the one belonging to the pistol, but in a horizontal placement to take space. These two were from the... special force.

The last one was more of a standard issue rifle grenade, Type 06, but that one didn't come with the ammunition.

"Since these won't be used, I changed out the other foam stuff you had on there for a semi-vel foam topper. It's the ones usually used for display cases and whatnot." Kirishima explains and Katsuki nods with a humm, a finger tracing the pistol before taking hold of the grip and lifting it out of its placement.

"Were you able to get everything yourself?" Katsuki asked, a brief flick to the eye to look at the other before inspecting the weapons again.

"Aside from the foam, yea. They were just a little old from not being used for so long, but they'll work just fine." Kirishima answered and Katsuki nodded, firm, before putting the pistol back in its place.

"Good. I don't want to owe you nothin', and I'm not paying for the foam. I already told you before that I didn't need a new one." Katsuki says but Kirishima is laughing it off with a wave of his hand.

"You did and I was more than glad to replace it. Besides, I didn't want you to carry this around without anything holding them down properly and having a bullet get shot. I was thinking about Yuna and Takeos safety more than your stubborn request." He says and Katsuki rolls his eyes.

"That's not how that works."

"Well, it looks pretty now, doesn't it?" Kirishima says as he crosses his arms smug-ly, going to step next to Katsuki to look at the case and its contents. Katsuki huffs, but looks too nonetheless.

"Hell yea."

A silence passes them and Katuski knows well that it's Kirishima's doing when it feels tense. He knows it's the weapons. The ones he's used for years up until just a few months before Yuna even existed. But, he's fine looking at them, the weapons, because they're his pride and joy and remind him of the thrill of the force before he became a veteran.

There in one piece, and right here with him in an old and memorable case packed in pretty foam.

He's probably hesitating to ask if Katsuki was ok, or something just as stupid. The guy has seen Katsuki at his worst before, even if just a handful of times, so there should be nothing to ask or mention about his time before Yuna even existed.

Kirishima sighs, and Katsukis eyes close at the tell-tale sign of a conversation that was not needed.

"Has he been here this whole time?" Kirishima's voice practically echoed in the silence, the words not at all what Katsuki expected as his mouth had opened for the immediate response of 'i'm fine' before it closed in mild confusion.