20: No Regrets

By the time they were back on the road, it was night time and both Yuna and Takeo were asleep in the back as the wheels of the car reverberated the sounds of the highway like white noise. Izuku took to watching the cars pass them by, red lights reflecting onto his face each time as Katsuki drove. After a while, Izuku turned towards Katsuki.

"Thank you for today." He says, keeping his voice low to not wake the kids in the back. Katsuki glances at him at his voice, most likely not expecting anything, before his eyes go back on the road. It was quiet after that, so Izuku went back to his window to not pressure Katsuki to say anything back. It goes on for a few more moments before he hears a mumble come from next to him, ears turning in its direction before his head follows.

Katsuki cleared his throat a little. "Would you mind... going with me somewhere?" he asks, seemingly a little hesitant, scratching his jaw with his shoulder. "I was planning on going out for a drink and called Makoto to take the kids for the night, but since you'd be with me I figured you could- i dunno. Go with me, or something?" He questions, more to himself much to Izuku's curios amusement. "Only if you want to, otherwise we can all just go home and I'll go another d-"

"It's fine." Izuku says, heart starting to beat again at the mention of going somewhere. Alone. And with Katsuki. "I'd love to!"

"Yea?" Katsuki looks at him, his eyes holding a hopeful kind of look that makes Izuku's body buzz and flush all together. "You want to?"

"Of course. And it's your birthday, so you should spend it however you like."

"Great." And Katsuki is smiling minutely as he looks at the road ahead of him. Izuku does the same as he wonders what else the night has in store for him.

The drive back was shorter than anticipated even as Katsuki pulled in front of an unfamiliar house. Quikly, Katsuki opened his driver's door with a quick 'stay here' to him before closing it again and walking around the back, Izuku following his movements with a turn of his neck.

Yuna startled awake when Takeos door was opened, unbuckling him from his seat before pulling him out of the car as she blinked tiredly.

"Daddy...?" Looking out the dark window, she squints. "Wh're are we?"

Katsuki looks up at her as he lifts Takeo out from his booster, grumbled and unpleasant babbles muffled into his shoulder when his small blond head falls forwards. "At your moms, now come on." He tells her as she unbuckles her seatbelt with a slow click.

"But s'your birthday still,"

Her mumbles go unheard as Katsuki walks away from the car and up the few steps of the house. Izuku turns to face Yuna, smiling when their eyes meet. Yuna yawns.

"Have fun at school tomorrow." Izuku voice, volume low. "And don't forget to bring your present when you come back home, alright?"

"kay..." She turns tiredly before opening her door. "Night, bunny."

"Goodnight Yuna." Izuku smiles as she slides out of the car and walks around to join her dad and brother at the door. Izuku pointedly turns to face forwards again, eyes casted at his lap as he looks down at himself. They have school tomorrow.

He tries not to think about what that meant for him.

He hears voices outside, but only gives half an ear as acknowledgment to not disturb their privacy. A door clicks shut before Katsuki is walking back down to the car, almost hopping inside as he closes his car door with a slam and rears his car back to life. Katsuki looks at him, that sudden burst of energy that just fueled him still burning in that gaze as he holds Izuku's attention.