Chapter 6

Liliana's PoV

Last night Janet told me what happened at her office and how George embarrassed himself in front of her boss. All I can say about it is; good for him. And to get things out of my chest, I decided to take the day off today and have some time alone.

This morning, I decided to have a jog at the park. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to start a healthy lifestyle instead of thinking about work and nothing else. I was at my last round when I met someone familiar, running with her dog.

The person smiled and stopped to greet me.

"Liliana Cromwell, right? Fancy to see you here." I smiled at Tiffany before bending down to pat the dog.

"It's good to see you again, miss Tiffany." Tiffany smiled as she looked around.

"Are you alone? I thought Janet would be here with you." I nodded.

"I am alone. Janet was still asleep when I left home this morning." Tiffany looked at her watch and asked if I wanted to have breakfast with her. She said that having breakfast alone without anyone to talk to is awkward.

I want to decline, but will that make me a bad person? I have no choice but to say yes.

"Great. Let me call for someone to pick up my dog." Tiffany excused herself while I went to a bench and had a seat. Minutes later, Tiffany came back and asked if I could walk to the venue instead of driving there. I don't mind.

We decided to walk across the park to the venue while enjoying the view. It didn't take long for us to arrive at the cafe.

"I heard that the coffee served here has the best aroma. I don't know since this is my first time here. Also, I just read it on social media." I see. Well, we wouldn't know if we never tried, right? We entered the cafe and ordered their signature coffee and some pastry that goes along with our drinks.

As we waited for our drinks and food, Tiffany asked me about something personal.

"Did George Cunning contact you?" I was shocked, but I didn't let it show.

"No. Janet told me what happened yesterday. I don't know what to say. I never knew George is the type to be so-" I was cut off.

"Imbecile? Halfwit? Nincompoop? Numbskull, jackass?" I chuckled.

"All of the above." Tiffany leads back to her seat with a smile on her face.

"At what time do you have to go to the clinic today?" Tiffany asked.

"I decided to take the day off. It's been a while since I have had time to myself. I guess it won't hurt for me to relax." Tiffany smiled.

"That's a good idea. I can see how hard you work and how you try to keep the clinic going. If you like, you're welcome to spend your day at the country club. I can assure you that everything will be taken care of. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your time alone." That offer seems tempting. But-

"I insist." Tiffany smiled before she gave me a card.

"If you finally decide to go, call this number and tell the person your name. They will know what to do." Tiffany smiled as I took the card. What is happening, though? Everything seems too surreal at the moment.

"Miss, why are you doing this? I know it's not because I'm your older sister of Janet or because you're funding the clinic. Is there any other reason for you to show such kindness to me?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

"I heard many good things from your staff and even from Diana. I thought it was the right thing for me to do to a person who possessed such a kind heart. I don't know if you notice it, but there's nearly no one who would do what you did. I admit that even though I sometimes expect someone to return my good deeds, you do it without anything. I figure that I should do something about that." Huh? That doesn't even make sense at all.

But who am I to question this?

"Thank you," Tiffany said while I smiled at the server. Instinctively, I took my food out and took a picture of the food since it seemed aesthetically pleasing.

"I'm sorry." Tiffany smiled before taking a sip of her coffee. Her face couldn't hide her excitement after tasting the coffee. What is she? A Child? I can't believe I'm having breakfast with someone important. I don't know if I am dreaming or not right now.

"The people on social media weren't kidding about the aroma. How do you like yours?" Tiffany asked as I ear and drank my coffee.

"It's delicious, and yes, the coffee's aroma is to die for." Tiffany smiled as she scrolled through her phone while eating her pastry.

"What do you think about pets?" Huh? Well-

"I used to have a cat before. But she died from old age. I have had that cat since I was a child. And when she died, I had to have some time off from school. From that moment, I don't think I can handle another death if I ever get another pet." Tiffany looks at me before clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry for asking about something so personal. I have a dog. You met him earlier." I smiled.

"I noticed. So why are you asking me about pets?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

"There's an event going on in which we could adopt pets. I was thinking of going to the event. Maybe if you don't mind, we can go together. Who knows, it might help you relax seeing cute animals." Oh- I see. Well, this is better than me going to the country club, right?

Well, I have nothing else to do. But-

"Aren't you going to work?" Tiffany shrugged.

"I don't see why I can't be late to work. I mean, I'm the boss, after all. So, what do you say?" I- hmmm,

"Sure, I would love to go."