Chapter 22 - First Trip Abroad

Liliana's PoV

I was listening to Reckless by Madison Beer while packing my things into my suitcase when my sister suddenly jumped in front of me.

"You scared me! Why do you keep doing that?!"

Janet sat on my bed while looking at the things I packed.

"You're packing only one swimming suit? And why would you pack something this old looking? Lily, you're going to Hawaii with the most gorgeous and riches woman in the country! And I'm not exaggerating because she's my boss, but you must step up your game. Besides, I know that Tiffany likes two-piece swimwear."

I sighed.

"I don't have any two-piece swimwear. Also, how did you know what sort of things Tiffany likes?"

Janet looks at me in disbelief.

"Um, the last time I check, I'm working as her assistant, which is why I know evrything about my boss. And yes, I know what sort of people she used to date too. And I have to say this since you're my sister, and you seem to like her back as well- you need to learn how to be sexy, sis."

Sexy?! Me? No!

"Did you seriously suggest that I should try to be sexy? Janet, have you seen acting like that with George before?"

Janet sighed.

"There's no harm in trying new things, sis. Besides, you're going to HAWAII! Can you imagine how others would act when they see your girlfriend wearing her bathing suit? Think about it. And since I'm a good sister, here's an early birthday gift from me to you."

From the looks of the bag, I know for sure she's buying me a new swimming wear. I look inside, and I can't believe my eyes.

"You seriously think I would wear something so revealing?!"

Janet placed both hands on my shoulder.

"Yes- you will."

Janet smiled before she left me to my thoughts. I- I can't wear this! It's not me, and I'm too embarrassed to wear anything like this! What if something happened while I was wearing this? What if my nipple was accidentally shown while wearing this?!

I can't!

"Oh, my God! What are you holding!"

My mother was shocked when she saw how see-through the bathing suit was.

"Janet gave it to me. She said it's my early birthday gift."

My mother looked at me with worried eyes before shaking her head no.

"Oh honey, I didn't realize your relationship with this Tiffany fellow was that serious. Are you dating her?"

Come to think of it, I haven't told my mother about Tiffany and what we are. Janet did tell her, but she told my mother that I'd be the one to tell her the whole truth.

"Mom, this may sound weird, and you're close to the church. But- my feelings for Tiffany are genuine, and I'm sorry if my action disappoints you."

My mother sighed before smiling at me.

"Well, if that's really what you wanted, I don't mind, Lily. Since you were a child, you have always made me proud, and you have never asked for anything from me. And since you like this Tiffany fellow, I will try to learn how to accept her."

Seriously?! I- I don't know what to say to my mother except to thank her for her support and unconditional love.

"Who would have thought my daughter would choose a woman as her partner? And honey, I don't mind what my friends from church would say. They're not the ones who will take care of me when I'm old and cripple."