Chapter 24 - Hawaii [Pt. 2]

Tiffany's PoV

After dealing with the trespasser, I decided to have tea on the balcony of my room. While enjoying the night scenery, I heard someone entering my room. When I turned around, Liliana was walking towards me with a smile.

"Everyone has gone to bed. It's early, and I know you're still out here, smoking and drinking tea."

I chuckled before putting out my cigarette butt and pouring tea for Liliana.

"I heard you did something terrible to those trespassers. What if the police are involved."

I chuckled.

"Then they will be here to arrest me. But I wonder if that's the case. Even if they tried to sue me, I can say the beach belongs to me. They're trespassing on my private property. It's their words against mine."

I have all the proof if they decide to bring me to court. Anyway, enough about that. I want to spend this night with my beloved. Oh- I almost forgot.

"Liliana, here, this is my last gift for you."

Liliana smiled as she took my gift.

"What's this?"

Liliana opened my gift before she gasped at me.

"Tiffany?! What's this? Why are you giving such an expensive ring to someone like me? I don't deserve this."

Liliana was about to hand the gift back to me when I pushed her hand back.

"That's yours. Why would you give it back to me? I want you to have it. To show everyone that you're not single. Especially that ex-boyfriend of yours. He needs to go- to hell."

Liliana chuckled.

"But- I don't deserve this. It's too expensive for me, and everyone will think I stole this."

Who would dare to say such things to my girlfriend?

"Remember to remember their name if they said you stole the ring. I will ask my lawyers to deal with them."

Liliana sighed.

"Tiffany, why are you taking such extreme measures for me?"

I smiled.

"Because you deserve it, my love. Why else would I ask to be your partner if I didn't appreciate you with my all?"

Liliana seemed speechless at first and said,

"Is this really for me?"

I sighed before taking the ring and sliding it into her finger.

"It's yours. And Liliana, we need to talk."

Liliana seems confused by my words.

"Now that we're officially dating each other, we need to do something about your self-esteem. Honey, you used to be the best surgeon this country has ever seen. So why would you let yourself belittle by everyone? And do I need to even start with your research papers? You let that bastard take all the credit for your hard work!"

Liliana seems surprised. Of course, she would be surprised; she never told me about it before.

"How did you- did Janet tell you about that?"

I shake my head no.

"That's not important. From now on, I want you to live like there's no tomorrow. Do whatever you want, and don't worry about what others think of you. Just do it! You hear me?!"

I slammed my hand on the table, making Liliana nod.

"But what if you got into trouble because of me? What if my action causes disarray? Would you still let me do whatever I want?"