Chapter 26 - Barbecue Party

Tiffany's PoV

I was invited by Liliana to a barbecue at his uncle's house. She said that her uncles like to gather the family together once a month so they wouldn't lose contact. I wish my family would like that idea. I don't even know if my uncle is alive or dead somewhere.

"What are you doing?"

Liliana was surprised when I placed three packs of beer into the cart. We're grocery shopping for the barbecue, and we shouldn't be there with empty hands.

"I thought your uncle and the others might enjoy drinking beer while barbecuing. Don't they?"

Liliana nodded.

"Well, I think they will enjoy the beer but three packs?! Don't you think it's too much? And you choose the twelve-pack ones too? My gosh- my uncle would not remember what barbecue this is."

I chuckled before picking a few more things into the cart.

"Do you want to eat anything? Should we buy meat as well?"

I asked. This is my first time attending a barbecue party. Usually, I would just let the servants do the preparation and ask the butler to call the guests, so I don't have any experience buying the grocery myself.

"Don't worry about that. My mother bought all the extra meat. My sister and mother are on their way there with it. We only need to add a few more things."

I see.

"Should we buy carbonated drinks?"

I said while pointing at the aisle.

"Yes! I almost forgot about that."

I followed Liliana towards the drink aisle and watched her pick the drinks and place them in the cart. This is my first time meeting Liliana's family. And I was told by Janet that their mother had informed me about our relationship.

When I asked Janet about their reaction, there didn't seem to be one, but I don't know for sure if they will not say anything rude to me when we arrived. I mean, not everyone could understand why we were in a relationship. Old folks, especially, would understand.

I was lucky that Sara, Liliana's mother, accepted me.

"I think we're done here. Let's go."

I nodded, and we both went to the cashier and paid for the things in the cart. As I was loading our groceries at the back of the car, someone texted Liliana as she was about to enter the car.

"Oh, Janet said a few of my cousins are there already. I have a cousin who went abroad to study also there. It's been a while since we met."

I see. After loading the grocery, I entered the passenger seat and let Liliana drive us to the venue. Since I have no idea where her uncle's home is, she should drive.

Moments later, we finally arrived at a suburban area. I looked out the window and was surprised to see children and adults hanging out in front of their lawn, talking to each other. It seems like a rare sight for me since my neighbors never do that. Even at the apartment, we never open our doors simultaneously. I don't even know who my neighbor is.

Liliana stopped the car in front of the house with a few teenage boys hanging around by the lawn. Liliana got out and asked the boys to help carry the grocery inside. One of them was quite surprised to see me and even took pictures of my car.

"Aunty, who is that woman?"

"Is she your girlfriend? My mom said you have a girlfriend."

"Aunty, can we ride in the car later?"