Chapter 30 - Unromantic Proposal

Tiffany's PoV

It's been a while since I met my cousins, but now that I'm here with them, I wish I could leave and sleep in my room. They have been asking countless questions about Liliana and the engagement. Even we haven't talked about that yet.

"Hey Tiff, come on. Don't be shy. Have you slept with her?"

I put down my cup and asked,

"Isn't that a little inappropriate?"

My cousins laughed at my response.

"Inappropriate? Tiff, we have been talking about our partner since we sat here. Come on, tell us. How was it? Good? I heard he had been together with a man for ten years. I'm sure she has some skills that-"

I didn't even notice that I had thrown my cup of coffee on my cousin's face.

"You know, you don't have to do that. Geez. What's the problem with asking about your sex life?"

I watched as my cousin wiped off his wet face with a handkerchief.

"The problem is you're too rude towards me. I don't like how you disrespect the woman I'm in a relationship with. I don't care if you're my cousin. I will show you what your worth is if you continue to disrespect me."

My cousin sighed.

"It was just a question. There's no need to be so hostile. This is my favorite suit too."

I took out a wad of cash from my purse before throwing it at his face.

"Use that to buy yourself a decent suit, then. Excuse me,"

I decided to leave before things got even messier. One of my female cousins called out to me and told me that her brother was only joking. But I ignore her cry and leave.

"Tiffany? Back so soon? I thought you would take some time since it's been a while since you met your cousin."

I smiled at Liliana, who shot out from the shower. This woman doesn't hoe how dangerous her look is.

"They decided to be a dick, so I have to leave before one of them died from my fist."

Liliana was surprised.

"Wait, what do you mean? Did you hurt someone? Did you hit your cousin?!"

I shake my head no before walking into the bathroom. After I was done, I went outside to see Liliana sitting on the bed with her back resting against the headboard while scrolling on her phone.

"Tiff, did you hit your cousin?"

I smiled.

"Almost. But I wish I had thought. So he would learn to be respectful."

Liliana hummed.

"What did he even do?"

Lily does not need to know how rude my cousin was when they talk about her.

"Let's just say they were too much and being a dick for no good reason. Can we not talk about this? Nothing happened, so let it go."

I got to the bed and lie down. Liliana suddenly touched my head and said,

"It must be a great deal for you to hold your anger."

Well, it was hard for me to hold it in. Whether I like it or not, that man is my cousin, and I can do nothing about it.

"I'm enjoying myself here, Tiff."

Oh- is Liliana trying to change the subject of our conversation?

"It's so peaceful and calm here. I understand why your parents decided to build their house in the middle of nowhere."