Chapter 16 - Officially Yours

Third person PoV

Tiffany was having a boring weekend until she decided to give Liliana a call. Liliana apologizes for being unable to spend the weekend with Tiffany because she has to care for her mother at the hospital.

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

Liliana was initially confused, but then she realized it was Tiffany she was talking to, and she loves doing things her way. As Liliana saunters back into her mother's ward, she is stopped by a familiar-looking doctor.

"Liliana Cromwell?"

"Yes?" The doctor smiled from ear to ear.

"I can't believe I am in the presence of someone famous! Your research about antibiotic use in children's helped thousands of patients. You're a legend!" Liliana smiled as she was bombarded with question after question regarding her research when she was still a med student.

"I have to go. My mother needs me." Liliana exchanged goodbyes before she sauntered off. When she enters her mother's ward, she notices her mother is on the phone with someone.

"Who called?" Liliana asked Janet.

"Dad. It's about the hardware store. Dad wants to have it. He said since we're both working, mom should give him the store. But mom refuses, so now they're arguing on the phone." Liliana sighed before taking the phone from her mother. She let her father justify himself.

"Dad, stop calling. You can't have the hardware store since grandpa gave it to my mother. How much money do you need?" Liliana noticed how her father's voice changed when she asked about money. Liliana began to ask herself if this person was her father.

"I'll get you the money soon. So please stop calling my mother." Liliana hung up before giving the phone back to her mother.

"How much money did he ask for?" Sara Cromwell asked.

"Don't worry about it, mom." Liliana smiled, but her mother grabbed her hand and asked again.

"Lily, how much money did your father ask for? Tell me." Lilian sighed.

"Fifty thousand dollars. But it's okay. I'll give him the money so he will stop calling you." Sara sighed.

"Fifty thousand dollars?! Do you even have that amount of money?" Liliana smiled.

"We do. So don't worry." Janet stood up before placing her arm around her sister's shoulder.

"I've been working hard, and yes, I have that money in my bank account. Working with someone like Tiffany does have its perks when it comes f salary. She is one tough boss to handle, but the wage is great. So there's nothing to worry about." Liliana smiled at Janet.

"Or, I can call one of my lawyers and get a restraining order." Tiffany waved her hand as she stood by the door before entering the ward.

"Hi, Mrs. Cromwell- well, miss Cromwell. How have you been?" Tiffany smiled as she waited to be invited in.

"Boss?! What are you doing here? Come on in." Janet walked over to Tiffany and helped her take the basket of fruits from her hands.

"I was bored, so I came here. I hope I'm not imposing." Sara smiled.

"No! I should apologize that you had to hear about my husband." Tiffany stood beside Liliana.

"I should be the one apologizing for eavesdropping on your private conversation. But if there's anything that I can do for you, say their word." Sara chuckled.

"Well, if you could ask the court to finalize my divorce papers, that would be great! But I know that is impossible. Anyway, please have a seat, Miss." Tiffany smiled.