Chapter 18 - Support System

Liliana's PoV

How should I face this?

Tiffany and George are at each other's throats, and I feel hopeless because I don't know what to do. I know I should stop them, but I'm too powerless. I-

"Know your place. You're a woman, so I don't think you could make Liliana happy with words and money alone. Every woman wishes to have children at some point in life!"

Who does George think he is?

"George, you need to leave. We're not together anymore, and you need to leave before I call the police."

George tried to reason, but I ignored him as I grabbed Tiffany's arm.

"Tiffany and I are together. I have never felt happier when I am with her. With you, nothing seems to be enough. I constantly try to please you, and it bothers me that you don't care about me. All you care about is your reputation and money. I was just a convenience to you when you needed me. I will not lower myself anymore."

I squeeze Tiffany's arm.

"You heard the lady. Leave, you bastard."

George was about to say something, but he stopped himself before walking back to his car.

"If you ever show yourself here again, I will make sure you regret that, George."

I heard George grumbling under his breath as he entered his car. That went well, but I doubt I'll see the last of him. I don't know why he seems desperate to get together again. It's getting outing control!

"I'll drive you to work today. Besides, I need a consultation. I've been having this stomach ache since last night."

What?

"Are you good to drive?"

Tiffany nodded. But she seems paler than before.

"Let me drive."

Tiffany agreed immediately as she handed the car keys. I hope I can drive this car without wrecking it, though. It would be a problem if I hit something. On the way to the clinic, I couldn't help but worry about Tiffany.

It seems like she's in a lot of pain too.

"It won't be long; please hold."

Tiffany suddenly laughed while holding her pain.

"What's so funny?"

I asked while keeping my eyes on the road.

"You're worried about me. It's just a stomach ache. I think it's because I ate that expired yogurt in the fridge last night. I only noticed it expired after finishing it. I know I should look at the label first."

It's good that she knows that it's her fault.

"If George gets out of hand, I'll ask my lawyer to file a lawsuit. Perhaps a court order could stop him from coming to your house."

A lawsuit? Is it that easy to get one? Well, I wouldn't know since I have never sued anyone before.

"I can handle him for now. But if he's getting out of hand, I have no choice but to sue him. Also, I'm curious- who told you about George? Was it Janet?"

Tiffany chuckled. Of course, it's Janet.

"What else did my sister tell you?"

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

"A lot of things, but you don't have to know the details."

Somehow I feel ominous. We arrived at the clinic, and the first thing I told Tiffany was to get herself into one of the examination rooms. While examining my partner's stomach, my nurse avoided eye contact. I admit that Tiffany has such a beautiful face and figure, but it's not typical for a nurse to stare that much.